Cambelt Done...

MikeyRules

Question

I've just had my Cambelt, pulley, tensioner and water pump replaced on Thursday and have to say it was the most painless one yet!!

I sourced a Gates Cambelt Kit and an OEM water pump for £55 off eBay and had Nigel fit them on Thursday for the princely sum of £150! So £205 all in is the bargain of the century!!!

MikeyRules,did the aux belt pulley come with the cambelt kit? Dont think it does but not sure where i can get the part from?

As you suggested going to get a gates belt kit with waterpump. Are the waterpumps with gates kit decent? Or best to get just get original waterpump?

I have Michelin Primacy 3s and they wore within a year and a half 18k.

Delta is heavy car and heavy on brakes and tyres i feel.

Dunlop blue response is what i had on my alfa and they were great wearing and performance wise.

MikeyRules,did the aux belt pulley come with the cambelt kit? Dont think it does but not sure where i can get the part from?

As you suggested going to get a gates belt kit with waterpump. Are the waterpumps with gates kit decent? Or best to get just get original waterpump?

I have Michelin Primacy 3s and they wore within a year and a half 18k.

Delta is heavy car and heavy on brakes and tyres i feel.

Dunlop blue response is what i had on my alfa and they were great wearing and performance wise.

No you're right the Aux belt and pulley came as a separate kit, and my Alfa Tech ordered it in, so not sure what the part number is or where he gets them from.

The waterpump that came with the Gates kit was a metal impeller type like Rosso mentions above. I also had an Originali Ricambi one, but I'm pretty sure Nigel said the Gates one was better?