JoeM

Question

Hi,

Just joined the forum, I own 2004 Grand Voyager 2.8CRD having hard time finding good OBD II Scan tool, just bought iCarSoft i810 but functions seem very basic really only ability to test EML functions, but I know I have few Glow Plugs defective and injector problem but seems iCarSoft can't diagnose the faults, any advice welcome... 

7 answers to this question

Thanks, looking on web seems to be nightmare for Chrysler compared to other vehicle manufacturer's 

Some manufacturers own codes are easier than others, the generic DTC codes you get from cheepo reader tools [diagnostic trouble codes] are totally different from from vehicle / manufacturer / enhanced specific scan tools. TBH even when you compare for example the best rated x10 £1500+ different scanners which all have manufacturer specific info you will get huge variations in the capability of each to read different manufacturers., some diagnose Chrysler well others do not. Apart from main stealers many back street indie garages have scanners that will make a good fist of scanning Chrysler for about £35 a pop - a whole lot less than a main dealer, many of those indies will have a Launch x431 Diagun which was and is a very effective Chrysler scanner compared to many. Best of luck.

if you got windows on android phone dont know about iphone never had one

get a cheap £4 blue tooth obd scanner and download the free and trial apps some work better than others you get alot more info than stand alone scans then look up the codes on here

auto obd diagnose your car obd auto doctor are some of the better ones

The key dance on Voyagers is as probably as good as any cheepo code reader / so called scanner. A £56 USA specific iCarSoft i810 claims to do American cars and CAN [controller area network] BUS vehicles covering all PO, P2 P3 and UO to include P1/3 and U1's on Euro petrol & diesel OBDII. I've never seem one and do not believe it will do any of its claims for £60. I would be happy to be proven wrong. We have as yet no idea what the O/P's car is, but if his purchase was a CAN capable i810 and it does diagnose his problem on his fuel type and year of manufacture for £60 I'd like to hear about it.

The i810 functions for Chrysler was very light indeed did not seem to test all mentioned on there website, even wrote two emails to iCarsoft Europe for some feedback and support, never once replied their customer service is useless! Sent device back and stick where sun doesn't shine!

Looked at Launch x431 Diagun seems very capable tool but on pricy side, another option I'm considering is Launch CRP 129, anyone have any experience of this Launch model?