Parking Sensors Sorted

dave62pb

Question

Managed to sort the fault on the parking sensors  (had 4 red dots lit on the rear panel all the time ) , after testing the ones on the car and a spare set with a muti meter for resistance i chose four that had the closest readings

When installed i still had a fault so tested each one on the car by placing an object in front of a sensor one at a time,  with the ignition on and engine not running select reverse- then switch off -start the engine turn on the radio -select reverse -the music paused for a few seconds and the lights on the rear panel quickly went from amber to red dots then stayed red again ,   moved on to the next one and repeated above procedure - then on to the next ,    when i came to the last one the red lights remained on and the radio did not silence so removed that sensor and replaced it with another with the closest reading and it worked as it should and reset the parking assist service signal that kept flashing up

Hope this info helps others as it took me a long time to find answers to this problem 

Thanks

Dave

3 answers to this question

Well done ;).

I suspect many on here are at the stage (like me) whereby if you can keep it rolling you're winning, and if the repair is too much or too difficult its scrap yard time.

Obviously faults that can be fixed should be, and that's what you've done. However I think that we're all coming to the end of the line, and things that are difficult (like my instrument panel) will be a death knell come MoT time :unsure:.