Steering Wobble When Braking

peterbiker

Question

Hi I think I am going to need to replace the front discs and Pads on my 57 plate 300c. Has any one on here done this before? is it pretty easy or should i expect some problems?

Also could anybody recommend a good place to buy spares. Whenever I contact my nearest dealer they seem to have little comprehension of what I am talking about and are very pricey!

Thanks in advance .

3 answers to this question

Hi I think I am going to need to replace the front discs and Pads on my 57 plate 300c. Has any one on here done this before? is it pretty easy or should i expect some problems?

Also could anybody recommend a good place to buy spares. Whenever I contact my nearest dealer they seem to have little comprehension of what I am talking about and are very pricey!

Thanks in advance .

Most autofactors will stock or be able to get them next day and much cheaper than Chrysler prices. Nothing hard about fitting them if you have done discs/pads before. Have you asked your dealer for price using non genuine parts?

Had the same problem with my 2012 300c.

Chrysler main dealer failed to diagnose the problem deciding that it must be anti rollbar bushes that were worn and changed them.

Had quote from authorised service centre at mercedes of £799.00.

Europarts.co.uk supply recommended OEM discs and pads for around £200.

Halfords auto centre did the job including rear pads for £448 in vat.

Beware, if getting disc direct to self fit there are slight variations in disc size so check new against old to be sure you have been sent the correct ones.

Had the same problem on my 2008 300c Touring, make sure you check the front lower suspension bushes.

If they are shot, don't , I repeat, don't fit cheap after market ones!

I learned this the hard way!

It's cheaper in the long run to re-bush them with Pedders poly bushes.

This will also eliminate the problematic 'adjustable' lower rear bushes as the Pedders ones are straight through, not elongated holes!

Be prepared to have the car tracking checked afterwards as the difference will be massive!!

Peds