Abs light on

Chryslercaos

Question

4 answers to this question

On 4/10/2022 at 6:54 PM, maxcaddy said:

First thing would be to see what others have had with a similar issue, and how they fixed it.

For example .... 

Dear Maxcaddy,

Thank you for all of your efforts, it looks like I've got to take off the wheels and check/change the wheel sensers& hopefully this will work as my mechanic tried the scanner and came back as no codes found!!!

Good luck.

It's actually not too much of a job to do yourself. Once the wheels are off, it's just a case of getting to the electrical connector under the wing liner and undoing a 6mm (?) bolt on the housing.

Assuming the bolt isn't seized/stuck, it's off with the old and on with the new. For the cost, it's worth doing them both as while I was told there was a failure when my light came on, my garage couldn't tell if it were left or right (that was the first time the light came on ~2017, the next time 2021 I just changed the pair straight off). 

If that doesn't cure it, it could be the rear sensor(s) or an ABS control/pump problem, in which case the repair cost is likely to exceed the value.