Fault Finder

Keith

Question

(First post go easy :) ) My Chrysler Grand Voyager 2.8 2006 is being delivered tomorrow, first time owning one so i'm looking for a fault reader, not sure what one to buy looking to spend up to £150 (England) Any Recommendations' Many Thanks 

3 answers to this question

Having searched for one for ages I wish yJ1850ou the best of luck. Search through the forum for OBD & scanner and peruse the results. The 2006 uses  PCI bus ( J1850 PWM on pin 2 (4&5 Ground)). Pins 7 & 15 indicate SCI but haven't figured out how to talk to it yet.. Pin 9 indicates Flash Programme Enable which may have some relevance to the SCI bus but again haven't any more knowledge than that. According to some the only way to dig deep is with the DRB111 reader but others say this is obsolete re the later Voyagers - don't know, never seen one, they're vastly expensive and apparently as rare as hens' teeth.

So, review the forum, search the net & if there are no problems, leave well alone (advice from me and my bank manager)

DataLinkConnector.jpg