So How's Your Experience Been So Far?

ben

Question

10 answers to this question

Hi Ben, only had mine a few weeks, but loving it so far. It's cute to look at and good to drive, the gears are really easy - it should be great for my daughter when she starts driving in the summer. I love that people ask me what it is as I've not seen another one locally, which suits me fine as I love to be different! Hope @@zenwoman is having a positive experience with her Ypsilon too.

I hired one for two weeks in Florence for my wedding/honeymoon and thought it was a great little car. (Y)

We did about 1000 miles in it including a drive over to the island of Elba and it did us proud. We were 3 up with suitcases and the split rear seats really helped with the extra luggage. Even on the island roads which were typically Italian (Very winding and steep) it held its own quite well. There is an amount of body roll, but when you get used to this you realise this is capable little car.

My wife loved it, and we'll definitely look at one when her ageing Alfa comes to the end of its life. :)

I hired one for two weeks in Florence for my wedding/honeymoon and thought it was a great little car. (Y)

We did about 1000 miles in it including a drive over to the island of Elba and it did us proud. We were 3 up with suitcases and the split rear seats really helped with the extra luggage. Even on the island roads which were typically Italian (Very winding and steep) it held its own quite well. There is an amount of body roll, but when you get used to this you realise this is capable little car.

My wife loved it, and we'll definitely look at one when her ageing Alfa comes to the end of its life. :)

Cool - nice to hear you enjoyed it.

Did you specify one, or was it just luck of the draw?

Yeah I always ask for Italian cars when in Italy (2/3 times a year) which usually pleases them when someone asks for a car from their country. A little trick I learned a long time ago, as you generally get a free upgrade!

I've had Alfa's, Lancia's and Fiats mostly. The 1.3 diesel Ypsilon seems to best all rounder especially on the hilly roads.