Auto Italia Meeting

Nello

Question

Any of you chaps planning on going to the Auto Italia Summertime Classics event in June? http://www.auto-italia.co.uk/events.asp Its the one event I always go to as its not far from me and Mrs Nello loves the place. Stanford Hall is a lovely setting with nice grounds for a picnic etc. near Lutterworth by the M1/M6 junction. I usually go in either my Coupe or X1/9 but there was a Chrysler badged Delta SR there last year with the Lancia Motor Club boys so would be interested to see the reaction to a couple of properly badged Deltas'........

Edited by Nello

Deltisti - I've managed to miss a load of events this year despite wanting to do more - before the decent season ends - anyone doing Mitcar this year? Its on the 28th at Gaydon this time which is not far from me so I'm definately going though not totally sure which chariot.

http://www.aroc-uk.com/eastmids/mitcar2016.html

Also talking of meets - if anyones interested - we love going down to the Cotswolds - again not a million miles from us - The Auto Italian Club have a Cotswolds meet every first Monday evening of the month - http://www.italianautomotoclub.co.uk/regions.html - its at a nice looking Country pub - just my kind of place where they do Pasta and a Pint for a tenner. I'll be there Sept 5th - between Witney and Oxford. Some lovely roads and scenery around there................

Edited by Nello

MITCAR is at Ragley Hall this year so I'll definately be at that - though not until August.............. If anyone's ever in the Midlands let me know. I think between us we are Coventry / Manchester and Grimsby (me , Mike and Alan anyway) so looking at a map around Nottingham would be about equi-distant for us all? I'll see what other meets are on this year and let you know.

Edited by Nello

Yes mate - MITCAR being Midlands Italian Car day is now my favoured event now Auto Italia have stopped going to Stanford Hall. 

Theres also one called Italian Masters - Cars and Coffee on April 15th at Sieghford, Staffs? Not heard of it before but..................................

I do work two out of four weekends but up for a catchup.

Edited by Nello

I'm just on the opposite side of the Pennines from you in Stockport, so a similar distance... I did Race Retro this weekend just gone at Stoneleigh Park in Coventry and that was just about an hour and a half roughly so not too bad. Well worth the journey to see some fabulous cars!

Well mine got washed and hovered out today and I quickly machine cut and polished the rear bumper and offside front wing as I'd acquired some light scratches which have now gone. Felt better for doing it lol as it does get used as the family bus!

Sorry we missed when you were down to Stoneleigh Mike - thats only 5 mins from my house!  :ph34r:

Hey no worries... It was a last minute decision to be honest, and although I've done a few shows at Stoneleigh before, just not Race Retro so wasn't quite sure what to expect.

Entrance fee was only a tenner and the show highlights from the day before looked really good, so we went on impulse. There was a handful on Italians which is always nice to see, including a couple of Integrale's being used in anger on the outside track. The Gruppe B stand though had to be the highlight! All the rally gods basically on one stand! B)