Intro

Corascate

Hi all

I’m a newbie to this site though I’ve owned my 300c crd touring for 9 years. It’s been a great car but over the last few weeks a problem with the sunroof has arisen.

Got up one morning , sunroof wide open( I very rarely use the sunroof.) closed it got out of car locked it and the roof opened again on its own. Keeps doing it. Checked the fuses in rear found 1inch of water in wheelwell, emptied it dried it out. Managed to get it closed. But it is temperamental. Even in the heatwave it doesn’t behave properly. My question is 1 is the control module part of the sunroof motor. 2 anybody got any ideas where the water could be getting in. There are no obvious signs,, ie tracks of water etc.

The drivers side rear light cluster is letting water in but I can’t see where, as I can’t find any crocks or holes.

But I get condensation in the light and when I took it out to check I got water out of it. And when you looked at the light in the car there was a 12-15mm dark area at the bottom of the reflector section of the light, which is the water causing a loss of reflection. I tried removing fuse 40 but it also cut out the centrallocking and radio amp. So I intend to take the headlining down and unplug the sunroof motor. But if the controller is part of the motor then I will buy a used motor and swap it.

Right now I am driving around with emergency glazing covering the sunroof just in case.

Any help will be appreciated