Scooby

Question

Hi all,

Been having an issue with my temp gage fluctuating for a couple of months now, usually only at high speeds on motorways etc. Typically happens when eccelerating. Heater blower works fine cold and hot dependant on what I want, no warm air coming into cabin. No engine noise or anything else noticeable so has made me think thermostat. It was liveable for a while but due to this heat I use the air con but it seems to go off on the motorway along with the temp fluctuating...

Anyway, looking on ebay I type in my car model and it gives me the items but then when I click on the thermostat I want it'll say won't fit fit model... anyone know the right one for me to get?

I've got a manual 1.6 diesel 2011

Many thanks

4 answers to this question

the cambelt has to come off when doing the water pump, has the belt been changed, and if so, had the pump been changed?

Looking at the pics of the pump on ebay the impellers look like they are metal and it was the plastic ones that were a problem as they became brittle over time and the impeller spun on the shaft instead of driving the water round the system, therefore overheating. I guess it could happen with a metal one.