Blue And Me Causing Parasitic Drain

Delta123

Question

Battery going flat if car not driven daily.  Mechanic has traced it to the Blue and Me Unit. Unit code is  

51906392. Got unit checked with an electronics guy but he could see no problem with it.  Anyone got any idea if there is an alternative to replacing unit.  Would removing fuse stop battery drain? Any comments appreciated. 

7 answers to this question

Hello Delta123,

I'm  suffering from a similar problem.  If i dont drive my car daily, the battery drains. Ive tried several different  batteries  and had the alternator checked. I have no idea whats causing mine, but its frustrating as when the battery drains to a point my arlarm goes off and i cant disarm until i charge the battery. 

I have fixed a similar problem on an Alfa Giulietta. It looks like the Blue&Me unit is ‘sensitive to failure’ throughout all FCA cars.

If you have one or more symptoms like a drained battery, a flashing odometer and the Blue&Me unit is not working properly, chances are high it’s because of a faulty Blue&Me unit.

To stop the drain you should unplug the unit, or remove the fuse if the B&M unit is the only thing using that fuse. Before unpugging the unit I would recommend to disconnect the battery, this will avoid an unerasable fault code that could trigger flashing of the odometer.

More information can be found in the video on youtube:

On 7/8/2021 at 9:21 PM, Delta123 said:

Battery going flat if car not driven daily.  Mechanic has traced it to the Blue and Me Unit. Unit code is  

51906392. Got unit checked with an electronics guy but he could see no problem with it.  Anyone got any idea if there is an alternative to replacing unit.  Would removing fuse stop battery drain? Any comments appreciated. 

Hi is the dashboard milage flashing ?? if so you can reset it using Multiscan for around £ 50  IT LASTS FOR A YEAR BUT YOU NEED A LAPTOP

to have it repaired is about £150 just find out where your unit is and disconect it, your steering wheel controls for the radio should still work if not get an

aftermarket unit that has all the bells and whistles you need including sat nav