Falut Codes Flashing

Madmax

Question

Does how many times a car fault code flash mean anything. When I check my codes it starts with P1130. Now sometimes this will flash for say fives times. Sometimes it will flash 40 times before going on to the next code. I also wish I could clear the codes. Have disconected the earth lead from the battery, turned on the light, and left it disconnected over night. When reconnecting the battery, fault codes are still there.

1 answer to this question

Many moons ago I bought a basic fault code reader off of Amazon Autel MaxiScan MS309 Universal OBD2 Scanner Car Diagnostic Scan Tool Vehicle Engine Fault Code Reader : Amazon.co.uk: Automotive which worked remarkedly well on simple tasks. It's cleared issues on an SLK and a FIAT which I had.

Can't say that it will solve your problems, but compared to taking it to a garage for them to do pretty much the same (unless they were a main agent with main agent software) it could help.