Installing Oem Dvd Player

Gtiracer

Question

My model seems to have the roof bars but no DVD player .

Can I have a little hand holding into how difficult this might be and all the parts I might need?

Is it an easy job, plug and play to wire in, or a spaghetti nightmare?

Obviously need the screens and the DVD player insert for the dash but I'm a bit lost as to what else I might need.

Many thanks

Edited by Gtiracer

4 answers to this question

Hi there @@Gtiracer , is your model one of the "Executive" ones?  Silver trim panels at the side of the centre console?

When we were looking around for another a few years ago I remember seeing a few, and they didn't have quite all the trim that others did, so maybe that could be it. But maybe not.

The LTD versions don't all have the DVD, but it seems the XS mostly do. I wouldn't dare to guess if Chrysler fitted the same wiring loom in them all. But they did on our 2002  base model - I swapped cloth seats out and fitted leather, and the wiring for the motor and heaters was there! Got a set of switches for the dash and it all worked great!!

Easiest job would be as @@Madmax says, either headrest of roof mount aftermarket. Clearly not as nice as having the original kit of course, but if you like a bit of a challenge!!

Yes, but if you buy separate dvd players, you can have different films showing at the same time. Also they can hang over the head rests, and be removed when you park the car.

Thanks, its a good idea, but we didn't want wires trailing around the car. If we buy a roof mounted DVD player, the OEM internal roof bars are in the way to mount them where we would like to mount one

Hi there @@Gtiracer , is your model one of the "Executive" ones?  Silver trim panels at the side of the centre console?

When we were looking around for another a few years ago I remember seeing a few, and they didn't have quite all the trim that others did, so maybe that could be it. But maybe not.

The LTD versions don't all have the DVD, but it seems the XS mostly do. I wouldn't dare to guess if Chrysler fitted the same wiring loom in them all. But they did on our 2002  base model - I swapped cloth seats out and fitted leather, and the wiring for the motor and heaters was there! Got a set of switches for the dash and it all worked great!!

Easiest job would be as @@Madmax says, either headrest of roof mount aftermarket. Clearly not as nice as having the original kit of course, but if you like a bit of a challenge!!

Yes it has the silver trim

I would suggest that you just go on ebay and buy in car dvd players. These can be had for about £80 for a pair. Saves a lot of time and agrro.

I did but please see comment above re wires and OEM DVD roof bars being in tact