Voyager 2.5Crdi No Start

anton20

Question

Hello!

The car is from 2003 and has the 2.5crdi engine.

Ran fine and the other morning did not start, it will sort of run on easy start.

So far i have changed the lift pump,high pressure pump and tried 3 different fuel pressure regulators on the pump, but no luck.

No fuel pressure at rail, when cranking the fuel pressure sensor shows 0.6v it should be higher when it sees fuel pressure.

I have checked the wiring from the fuel pressure regulator to ecm and also the fuel pressure regulator wiring to ecm, all is fine.

And also when i loosen the fuel pipe on the high pressure pump and crank it there is almost no fuel coming out.

What will cause the fuel pressure regulator to not let fuel out of pump? 

On the scan tool i have no fault codes and i can see the engine rpm when cranking.

Any ideas? Really stumped here.

5 answers to this question

Have you checked the injector spill pipes for them all leaking the same. Maybe ones caught the virus and left backdoor open. 

We don't want to jùmping up and down and shouting "It's the high pressure pump"..Silly question but is it being driven. Woodruff key etc.

Edited by gordy

I checked the spill pipes,connected my bottles and cranked the engine. I am getting no fuel out of the spill pipes.

Pump should be spinning I replaced it and the woodruff key was fine, also I could not find nothing wrong with the old pump.

Seems like an electronic fault which my scanner won't pick u

Can the crankshaft position sensor be at fault? I ruled it out because I can see rpm on the scan tool

Edited by anton20