Failed Rear Led Light Indicator

Josboogz

Question

Hi All,

Took my Delta for a spin to the supermarket today; whilst in the lockdown it only gets a outing every couple of weeks.

Does anyone know the location of the relay and fuse for the driver side rear lights?

I noticed the right indicator rapid clicking sound of the relay when selected. I read that sometimes dust around the fuse box could be the cause so going to check this before ordering a new light unit.

Any ideas on best places to get a replacement light I know it’s going to be pricey at £150+ :(

Planning on fitting it myself.

15 answers to this question

Hi

Link to the fuse boxes diagrams for info:  https://www.autogenius.info/lancia-delta-mk3-2008-2014-fuse-box-diagram/

Direction indicator fuse is F53 on the dash fuse board.  It's under the dash behind the glovebox, open it pull the 2 pins at the rear base inwards and unhook the support lever.

As it's one fuse if the other indicators are working then it's the light unit / LEDs that have failed, or maybe the connection.  Remove it & have a look, if you need a new lamp unit ebay is your best bet to keep costs down.  Fitting is a doddle, pull the the bit of inner trim out on that side in the boot & feel around for the 2 nuts holding the lamp unit in.  It's good to remove them now & again anyway to remove the crud that accumulates under the edges.

Edited by Deltamike

Yep common problem. Once an LED goes its time for a new light unit. They are sealed units so unless you want to go to the trouble of breaking it open somehow (not even sure how) you'll need a replacement. On a brighter note - As per Mike they are a doddle to remove/change.

Thanks for the helpful comments. Will give the fuses a check on the weekend and report back.

I have found one online from Germany for £150 delivered.

Not seen anything on eBay, are they generally preowned? Any ideas the going rate on these Rear light units?

I think an old post is someone found one for £60 from Italy?

£150 is about right. Normally a fair few from Italy as long as they agree to send to the UK. I did manage to get a used one for around £75 from Germany but only because there is a very slight chip in the plastic at the very bottom. Still sealed and works perfectly though so I was happy. No issues since.

Jos are you in the UK? Always worth checking if we can source the Part number ordering via a Fiat Dealer. They will get anything as long as you have the Part number. I have used Grays in Warwick and Research in Nuneaton for this.

Just went out to check the connections and the bolts holding the light in the boot and had a fiddle. Looks like a plastic type hex sleeve holding It on?

Checked it again and it’s working! Umm.. italian electronics! Will keep an eye out for a lamp as I am not holding much hope.

Will keep an eye out and see if it’s intermittent or as per deltamike said connection was loose?

Definitely up for delta meet Nello! Prelockdown did you normally drive on the leamington road towards Ryton? I always passed a grey delta on my way to work!

Yes there are just x2 Hex plastic bolts holding the whole thing on. Insert an Allen key and the light can be removed. There is only one connector - mind it doesn't fall out. Very easy and worth doing just to remove all the gunk that sits in the light edge. May be working now but once it starts to go I think you'll find it'll happen again. Its a common issue on the Delta.

Grey Delta not me - mines a white with black roof SR but I do go that way on occasion. I'm in Earlsdon not far from Warwick Uni. 

Edited by Nello

Hi to save starting a new post thought I would ask here as its a simmilar problem on the Crysler Delta. The RNS indicator is not working, the dash indicator is flashing quickly to confirm this. There is also a message on the dash saying check the indicator. So as above I get that the unit is probably at fault BUT when I lock the Delta the indicator flashes as it should. I understand that this means all the LED's are working, so is it more likely to be a connection or relay fault. I can dscount the fuse as the side repeater and front indicator work fine.

Thanks in advance

Alan. 

Hi Alan,

unfortunately a sign that all the LEDs are still operational prove the jfault is not the light unit.

My light was the same, it wojld go through periods of working when it was locked via the alarm and them eventually started malfunctioning more often.

The solution is replacing the light unit. 

hope this helps

On 6/6/2020 at 2:43 PM, Josboogz said:

Hi All,

Took my Delta for a spin to the supermarket today; whilst in the lockdown it only gets a outing every couple of weeks.

Does anyone know the location of the relay and fuse for the driver side rear lights?

I noticed the right indicator rapid clicking sound of the relay when selected. I read that sometimes dust around the fuse box could be the cause so going to check this before ordering a new light unit.

Any ideas on best places to get a replacement light I know it’s going to be pricey at £150+ :(

Planning on fitting it myself.

Hi I have the same problem, my rear right hand indicator does not work ,I thought it could be a loose earth, ive checked all the earth straps under the bonnet

but to no avail ( this was today Wed 22/02/23) I too am looking for the cure. one thing I did find out is that the indicator works but only 1 flash and then stops.Working hard to find it, if I do then all will be told

On 2/22/2023 at 7:06 PM, seagoon said:

Hi I have the same problem, my rear right hand indicator does not work ,I thought it could be a loose earth, ive checked all the earth straps under the bonnet

but to no avail ( this was today Wed 22/02/23) I too am looking for the cure. one thing I did find out is that the indicator works but only 1 flash and then stops.Working hard to find it, if I do then all will be told

its interesting to say the least but when I put on the indicator it flashes once, thats it but when I put the hazards on it works ?? is there a relay for the drivers side rear indicator?