Newbie 1St Post

CRD28AUTO

Hi guys & gals.

First time owner of a Chrysler. Brought a 2007 Grand Voyager Executive CRD auto 84’000 miles 4 months ago.

Learnt a lot from the forum before joining today.

Already done the button mod. Thanks leedsman.

Really enjoying ownership so far. Nice big barge to drive.

When I brought the car it had a Exide EB741 battery on (unknown age but looked old), worked fine till it got cold. Decided to buy a RedTop. Mistake. Yes it had great cranking power, but drained heavily when not used for a couple of days. I borrowed a high tech amp meter which recorded over a long weekend of no use. Car was only drawing minimal ma consistently. Yet my battery tester had it down to 40% charge. When I charge the RedTop up to 100% and leave disconnected, it retains charge. Apparently the self discharge when connected is common on these red tops. Quality is not what they used to be. In the end gave up and brought a Advanced 096R XD battery for £80 delivered. This battery is perfect. No self discharge and plenty of power to spin the crd over on cold mornings. Volt meter reads 12.8v after leaving all weekend. Result.

Sorry for the long first post, but wanted to share my experience.

I like to do my own servicing and repairs, and pretty handy with electrics and fault finding on management systems.

Hope I can contribute to the forum as much as it’s helped me already.

Paul.

• 4 weeks later...