Springs

James

Question

After buying a new rear tail light and some tyres, it appears I'm another victim of broken springs. Car failed MOT on a front left broken spring.

I know there have been topics of this before, and after asking around garages here, I can see my options are similar.

*Pay alot of money from a main dealer

*buy aftermarket ones which lower the car

*maybe buy a spare one off ebay

*or try the bravo springs

I have read that people on here have tried the bravo springs and they fit. Can I ask, how many of the people here have a 1.4 petrol and have tried the bravo 1.4 springs?

Do we know for sure that they fit.?

Thank you for your reply.

Because of time contraints, I couldn't wait for orders off the Internet. I managed to get a fiat bravo strut with damper and spring on it for £30 from traynors. Everything was the exact same as the chrysler delta.

I heard back from a garage today, who was waiting on a main dealer to reply. They would only sell the springs in a pair. £500.

I'm guessing that main dealer is chrysler Charles Hurst, here in N. Ireland.

£500 that is a scandalous.

I'm so thankful for the support and experience on this forum.

I'm pretty sure they'll be fine. I bought Bravo 2 springs for mine and they were identical.

My local garage are great but they hit a "computer says no" wall with their usual parts factor as they will only work on the registration number and couldn't see anything listed for Chrysler Delta. Refused to order off a make and model. 

I had that exact issue. Just go onto Autotrader and find a Bravo, then use that registration number!

If they still say no, just find a different parts factor. 

Edited by MikeyRules

I had that exact issue. Just go onto Autotrader and find a Bravo, then use that registration number!

If they still say no, just find a different parts factor. 

In the end we ordered using the KYB part number. They fitted no problem but are a little "fatter" than the ones that came off. The car is sitting quite a bit higher, but I'm sure it will settle with time. In fact, I actually wouldn't mind a little more ground clearance.

Anyone ever heard of Simoni Springs? Seems you can buy a full set of lowered springs for the Delta as cheap as a pair of OE normal ones.........

https://www.simoniracing.com/en/about-us

Italian company from Northern Italy... Been around for quite a while and do pretty much every aftermarket product going! I've not bought anything from them, so can't comment on quality. Although a quick chat with the guys at Demon Tweeks should tell you what you need to know as they stock some of their products.

https://www.simoniracing.com/en/4-lowering-springs8

Edited by MikeyRules

After replacing the front left with a reconditioned suspension strut from a fiat bravo, I went back to the same place and got a front right one. This was all before xmas, but I'm only getting the chance now to put it on.

I've found it is not always the case they are the same. They look identical, but one is a different size fitting.

I have a picture in the link showing this difference.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1062bVVFNRbGdaT78uXC-GI9-liHbSEbI/view?usp=drivesdk

I hope the link is allowed

Something to be cautious of when getting fiat bravo suspension.

Hello guys,I have a Chrysler delta 1.6 Diesel multijet 120hp/88kw and I need to replace my front springs.

Reading some previous posts I can see I am not the only one struggling to find them.

Am I correct in saying I can buy the Fiat bravo ones as they fit 100% ok?

I have read this should fit ok:

https://m.autodoc.co.uk/kyb/7058056

Any opinion?

Can anyone confirm or suggest any other link where I can buy them?

Thank you