Hi! I'm Back!

vincey832

Question

After losing my Delta in France with a pierced under-tray and sump in 2017, I toyed with an Abarth 500 for 5 months, (couldn't live with it) then a Fiat 500X, a lot nicer car but I still wanted another Delta.

I spotted a 2.0 Multijet in Wigan which I bought last week, so I'm back and glad to be here, Lancia front grille already ordered and rear badge already fitted. Very pleased with the car, lovely cream leather interior, navigation and huge sunroof!

Vincey...

By the way, we are looking to replace our other 7seater french car, and I was considering the 500L MPW, perhaps the 1.3 or 1.6 multijet.

Any thoughts to share, I see you had a go at the 500x

Hi Dido, I thought the 500X was well built and a great design, the boot was small, not as small as the Abarth! Defo go for the 1.6, £20 a year road tax and a brilliant engine with 120bhp, I wouldn't trust the 1.3 to pull if you're going to carry 7 people! I've had a ride in the 500L and thought it was very roomy, a guy from Ferrari HQ in Slough gave me a lift to the station in it! in some ways it reminds me of the original Fiat 600 Multipla the 6 seater from the sixties!!

Hope you find a good one, there's really not much wrong with the modern Fiats, Honest John from the Telegraph said of the 500X, one of the best cars fiat has ever built. Sold mine this morning.......

Welcome back Vincey - sounds nice - and a Ltd perhaps? Piccys are a must here!  B)  My wife has a 500X - good car - yes not the biggest room but a good all-rounder - out 1.6 MJ has just achieved nearly 54 MPG and the performance in SPORT mode is surprising. It replaced her old Sedici which was great as well - we do miss the true 4x4.

Yes Nello, it is a Limited, cream leather interior, heated seats but not electric which I find strange, changed the cabin filter today the one that came out was FULL!!! huge sunroof which also was unexpected, I thought it was just a panoramic roof!

My 500X returned 48mpg in town driving and Yes sport mode is entertaining, have you found the 'G' meter??

Sorry the interior photos are poor.post-652-0-46411300-1557605865_thumb.jpgpost-652-0-30024600-1557605882_thumb.jpgpost-652-0-53232300-1557605900_thumb.jpgpost-652-0-93017900-1557605911_thumb.jpg

Nice colour too! Is that what they called Bronze Savannah? I'm not actually a sun-roof fan but like a nice Ltd!

Hi Nello,

Can't find the colour sticker for the Bronze, only the sticker for the shiny black on the roof, I didn't think it was a sunroof, I thought it was just a panoramic roof! 

I printed your instructions to remove the bumper and they worked very well, Thank you!!

on my previous 1.6D I managed to change the grille without removing the bumper at all but this car has many more bits attached to it,(ie: large lump of polystyrene behind the bumper.) 

Car needs new discs and pads all round, the droopy undertray needs attention, but I love the car!

Hi vincey - Is your roof shiney then or Matte? I have the brochure with colours available so will look it all up to confirm and try to add here. Glad the bumper off worked ok. I thought they all had that polystyrene block? Mine certainly did.

Good work again anyway mate.

Edited by Nello

The paint code should be on a chrome sticker under the front edge of the bonnet. If you want the small Lancia badges for the rear quarters, here's the link for where I picked mine up.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-STEMMA-LANCIA-DELTA-MONTANTE-PORTIERA-POSTERIORE-ORIGINALE-logo-fregio-emblem/261698453162

Hi TJB

I've actually got 2 of those badges but don't you need a chrome strip with a recess for them?

Chrome sticker is there but just for the black paint, I'll have another look!

Cheers

Edited by vincey832

Hi vincey - Is your roof shiney then or Matte? I have the brochure with colours available so will look it all up to confirm and try to add here. Glad the bumper off worked ok. I thought they all had that polystyrene block? Mine certainly did.

Good work again anyway mate.

Hi Nello,

The roof is shiny, was matt on my old Delta! Hoping to get the timing belt changed at the weekend.

Hey Dido, nice looking car!

So is your roof a front sunroof and rear panoramic? That's what I've got on mine and the view is amazing.

Can you link me please to the C-pillar emblems? Mine have faded completely and need replacing.

Enjoy!