Delta Tyres

Nello

Question

OK my fronts are in a rather poor state and now the Winters finally arrived I thought I'd better get some new rubber. Wanted to match the factory Goodyear F1 Asymetrics.

I still have the factory tyres from new so am fairly happy they have lasted 3 years and 30k.

I would not usually touch Kwik-Fit with a barge-pole and will certainly never take my car in to one of the outlets however they currently have free mobile fitting so you can get them done on your drive while you watch. Mobile fitters tend to be the most experienced and professional as they are seen to be more customer facing.

So I have ordered a front pair to be fitted at home Wednesday - They also have a special on Goodyears' at the moment - £10 cashback with any W and Y speed rated tyres as long as you order at least a pair. So all in all I've paid £181 for mobile home fitting plus I get £20 back once they are done. Not a bad deal for premium rubber so If anyone else needs some...............

Edited by Nello

You can't argue with £80 a corner Neil... Sounds about on the money really!  I have a local tyre dealer that will beat Tyre Leader / Black circle / My Tyres etc, so when the time comes will give him a shout.

I've been keeping an eye out for a proper spare wheel/tyre and the tool kit... flippin hate the idea of tyre weld!

You can't argue with £80 a corner Neil... Sounds about on the money really!  I have a local tyre dealer that will beat Tyre Leader / Black circle / My Tyres etc, so when the time comes will give him a shout.

I've been keeping an eye out for a proper spare wheel/tyre and the tool kit... flippin hate the idea of tyre weld!

I hate tyre weld but never bothered to sort a spare having said that not had a puncture so I've been lucky. In most cases where the puncture is slow I would use the pump but without the gunk anyway as it's usually sufficient to get to a tyre depot. It really annoys me that they not only omit the wheel but also the jack

Hi

A happy New Year and good Delta driving to you all.

My tyres treads running thin on the front, expected to have to replace them. So had to bite the bullet today.

Not that I am expecting floods, tempest or snow  ;)

I have fitted four Falken ZE-914 225 / 45 / R17 onto her.

Including new valves, balancing and a tracking adjustment - has cost me £324 all in.

So thats about £81 a corner.  

The Falken tyres are apparently a good tyre, good reviews a good seller in Japan apparently:

Ratings from the tyre:

C Fuel efficiency

B for grip

71dB noise

So that the grip levels remain the same on all four corners!

An interesting discovery when the tyres were removed from the rims ...

Also come with a life time warrantee, not that I will ever use it. Fingers crossed I only have had one on road hole, and a nail through that survived at least two weeks without deflation of tyre. (Car was not moved - on a airport car park [enough said, £call out etc etc])

Does anyone on the group have WN 12 RXG?

If so, you probably have one of my rims, and I have yours!

Swop???

Regards

B)

Belated Happy New Year Penguin! :)

Yeah I've had Falken in the past too and always found them to be a good mid range tyre... I think for the money though this time you could have had premiums for that price if you'd shopped around a bit more!? 

I'd put Falken in the same bracket as Khumo esta le sports (which are great also) and I can get those for less £70 a corner fitted and balanced... (just paid £260 for all 4 on the wife's 147)

Hi Mikey

Looked at Kumo / Michelins / Goodyears / (Firestones are exempt as I had a new one blow out on me years ago / Pirelli - soft as mud)

Did the tyre reviews, compared the tyre ratings etc, and Falkens came out on top.

Never used them, and considering I basically had three rims from my car (with odd tyres) and a rim from another that had been plugged from a puncture repair, I went for the F's.

Time will tell, the Boss I know through teaching his son, and he stated it was a good mid range tyre.

FYI  M Pilots / Primacy came out at 100 / corner

Kumos - too noisy / lacking fuel efficiency + very soft = wear rate high (logic)

Pirelli - won't touch set of p6000 wore out in 5500 miles with sensible driving on a sensible family car, committing too work proved very expensive

etc etc

Penguin, not very happy as its too hot, no snow  :D

Just harking back to the comment abouts tyre weld/spare wheel. I've only had 2 cars without a spare (both company cars, so no choice) and each was left stranded by foam fail, where a space-saver would have got me home. So I will not buy a car without a spare....

For my last 3 cars (1 new, 2 used) I've used the same technique with the sales person. Initially I don't worry if the car has a spare or not, I just negotiate until I'm happy with the price & say "it's a deal". The sales person then prepares the paperwork to sign & as I'm reading it through, I ask if it has a spare. If they say no, I put the pen down & say "I'm sorry, but I couldn't possibly buy a car without a spare". When they tell me how much it is, I climb onto my high-horse about how I'm disgusted that manufacturers are willing to put my safety at risk by not including this essential bit of kit, so unless they include a spare (and no, I will not pay extra for this essential), the deal is off.

So far, it's 3-0 to me (incl my current Delta) and for the record, I really do believe that spares should be compulsory with all car sales/MOT/NCAP etc. Rant over :-)

Edited by Saulnier

post-652-0-96350000-1436008055_thumb.jpg

Hi guys,

interesting topic about tyres and spare wheel, when I bought my Delta I asked the dealer to order me a spare wheel, they wouldn't do it as my car was not factory fitted with a spare. I looked in the hand book and a Skinny spare is available,

125/90 R15-96M

this is exactly the same as fitted to the Fiat Stilo, found one on Ebay, Brand new tyre complete with tool kit £40.

To satisfy myself I jacked the car up with the scissor jack in the tool kit and fitted the skinny spare on front and rear and it works a treat. 

I changed 2 tyres last October at 34,360 miles, Goodyears from Camskills £78.00

I secured a Lancia airbag from Italy this week, looking forward to fitting that, I have for sale a Single Phase Lancia airbag if anyone is interested, Single Phase has a single Purple trigger on the rear, the Dual phase has Green and Yellow triggers £50 + PP if anyone is interested

http://cdn.chryslerforum.co.uk/public/style_images/defraction/attachicon.gifintegraled Delta.jpg

Hi guys,

interesting topic about tyres and spare wheel, when I bought my Delta I asked the dealer to order me a spare wheel, they wouldn't do it as my car was not factory fitted with a spare. I looked in the hand book and a Skinny spare is available,

125/90 R15-96M

this is exactly the same as fitted to the Fiat Stilo, found one on Ebay, Brand new tyre complete with tool kit £40.

To satisfy myself I jacked the car up with the scissor jack in the tool kit and fitted the skinny spare on front and rear and it works a treat. 

I secured a Lancia airbag from Italy this week, looking forward to fitting that, I have for sale a Single Phase Lancia airbag if anyone is interested, Single Phase has a single Purple trigger on the rear, the Dual phase has Green and Yellow triggers £50 + PP if anyone is interested

It's easy to swap the front cover from an ypsilon single phase airbag onto the Chrysler two phase one you just need to feel brave but actually I don't think it's very dangerous!

http://cdn.chryslerforum.co.uk/public/style_images/defraction/attachicon.gifintegraled Delta.jpg

Hi guys,

125/90 R15-96M

Vincey are your existing alloys 17''? If so I presume the 125/90/R15 equates to the same rolling radius then?