Delta Lancia Badging

Nello

Question

I bought my Delta as a Fiat group enthusiast and have bought a replacement Lancia front Grill along with rear badge. The alloy centres and other badging will follow!

Replaced the rear easily enough - heat up the badge with a hair dryer then slide some string along to break up the adhesive. Roll off the excess with you thumb then remove anything left with sticky stuff remover. I just need to work out how to remove the front grill. There are 6 T30 Torx Star head screws along the top edge.

I think there is a fixing inside each front wheel arch to remove then a series of screws underneath the front edge under the car and the whole bumper should hopefully come off. Will confirm once I've done mine! The Grill itself is then held on to the bumper panel by 10 clips on the grill back that push on.

Edited by Nello

201 answers to this question

Hmmmm for cheap motoring I was thinking more along the lines of the 1.2 with it's classic simplicity, no multi air to fail and no dpf issues for short journeys. Also I find the noise from anything less than 4 cylinders initially amusing but ultimately irritating

I've not seen any problems reported on the Twinair yet to be honest, and as mentioned the 1.2 can be painfully slow with very little acceleration which can be frustrating and dangerous at times.

I know what you mean about the 2 cylinder thrum, but I don't think it's that bad at all. You're just at that age where everything is annoying!! :lol:

Another delta rebadge,thanks to reading your posts and nello on the wheel centres..rear badge and grille and little side badges done..

Nice one mate - good to hear. They are getting scarce now. Photos are always good  B)

Took me ages trying to get these pictures up,I'm in bury...only seen one white near me once..not many around.had a few people ask me about it since it was rebadged...kind of like the exclusivity it brings for the money it cost..

Don't know weather to go the hole Hogg and get the airbag,

It's been a great help reading all you guys posts to ,,thanks..

Looks good!

I'm in Stockport, so we probably won't cross paths on our travels unless you go to any of the car shows?

Yeah you absolutely have to change the airbag... Well for me at least it was almost more annoying than that bloody awful spread wings emblem on the tailgate! Especially as it stares you in the face every day!

I've still got the headrests and the dash display that says 'Chrysler' on start-up to remove. My Tech couldn't find where it was in Examiner to replace it with Lancia which was rather annoying. Someone must have managed it... and as for the headrests they occasionally come up on Italian eBay but are far too expensive for what they are,

I bought some wheels off a guy who was a tech at an Alfa dealer and asked his opinion, not sure about the little logo on the instrument panel but he said he didn't think it was possible to change the nav, his explanation was that the unit decides on the splash screen by reading the body computer data so would always default to Chrysler. I don't know if it's correct but sounds plausible. Edited by Rossocorsa

Looks good Alcantara  B)  Even rarer in Silver. Once you start you can't stop..... The Airbag is definately worth it - like Mike says its in your face all the time so you need to!

The Chrysler logo on the dash is damn annoying. I'll get my Mech to have a look on Examiner next time its in.

The headrest don't bother me too much as without the Chrysler wording no-one knows what that wing is anyway. ..... but I still lookout for a set!

Edited by Nello

I'm eager to re-badge my Delta as a Lancia, new grill, rear badge but unsure where to source the parts. I've tried an independent Fiat/Alfa/Lancia garage in Lithuania with no joy, looked on Italian ebay, zero. Can any of you chaps offer any tips? My insurance broker said Mazda now source Delta parts but I guess that's Chrysler not Lancia. Maybe Fiat? Any advice welcome.

ebay DeltaDrew. Look at European sales as well as most are based in Italy/Germany. Some sellers don't ship out of country but you will find one eventually. I'll keep my eye out for you. Which Grill do you want- earlier or later type? If you are not limited by price you may be able to order direct from a Fiat/Alfa dealer with the correct eper parts number (I can get you those as well).

Just had a quick scan - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CALANDRE-GRILLE-AVANT-LANCIA-DELTA-2011-AL-CHROME-/142385984111?hash=item2126ddb26f:g:Kj8AAOSw7GRZHInT

cheers Nello that's excellent. I've checked your link, pretty decent price too. I'd really like to get hold of one of the original vertical grills if possible. Thought I'd cracked it last week when I googled and found an independent Fiat Lancia site based in Lithuania, ordered and paid for it via paypal but they refunded it and emailed me saying it was unavailable. My Delta's grey so an 'S' series grill might look ok (with a Lancia badge) if I cant get the other one. I don't mind splashing out, I really want to do the Lancia rebadge!  Any part numbers much appreciated too. Many thanks for your help!

Hmm it's such a long time ago that most of us rebadged I'm not sure if any of us will remember the part numbers.... Isn't there some listed on this and other threads somewhere? I'm pretty sure there'll be some...

The other thing is use google translate and translate what you want into Italian and the paste it into Italian eBay. There is usually loads of stuff for the Delta 3. I converted my whole car from there.

Taken your advice guys and got airbag,,100 euros delivered Italian eBay,,

Nightmare to get old one off

Thinking of getting the chrome sills or wrapping them plane black.

My window screen had been replaced before I got car and it has lancia badge on it.bonus..

Makes you think they went out there way to really hide the lancia origins for uk with all the Chrysler branding..

Never mind I have enjoyed reading about it and following the posts and advice.

We are lucky really thanks to Chrysler to get the delta in uk,looks like no more lancias ever after this...post-1876-0-21875000-1498118420_thumb.jpg

Good work on the Airbag Alcantara. Check my Lancia Martini stripes for the sills earlier in the thread (I think!) as an alternative. Great bonus with the windscreen!

I don't think FCA had a choice in putting in the Chrysler badging. UK Type approval means the 'makers' branding is displayed on the glass etc.

I've used http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ADESIVI-specchietti-per-Lancia-DELTA-New-Pvc-Frost-Smerigliato-Stickers-Auto-/201437768159?hash=item2ee6a069df:g:GVQAAOSwHjNV-etk

those to try to hide mine!

The earlier - what they call 'Waterfall' grill which I have is Part No.735478276

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u241/yardelli/Delta1_zpsanbfbnlg.jpg

Edited by Nello

Hi I can't remember if I actually started this conversation or not back in 2014 but the renewed interest in it has finally galvanised me into taking action and buying a Delta. It's a lovely multi air se in black just over 20,000 miles hope to collect it very soon and will be trawling through the old emails and probably asking some more questions so I can get it all badged correctly. I have owned many Lancias over the years. This is obviously the last chance to own a relatively new one. Can't wait to get it!

Hi I can't remember if I actually started this conversation or not back in 2014 but the renewed interest in it has finally galvanised me into taking action and buying a Delta. It's a lovely multi air se in black just over 20,000 miles hope to collect it very soon and will be trawling through the old emails and probably asking some more questions so I can get it all badged correctly. I have owned many Lancias over the years. This is obviously the last chance to own a relatively new one. Can't wait to get it!

Congrats! That's really low mileage and should look great in black too! What year is it?

You''ll have to start a new thread and post some pictures once you've collected it!

Edited by MikeyRules

I'm claiming starting this thread and the first badge conversion!  :P My Delta makes yearly trips down to Dartmouth Otter. You're not the chap a couple of years ago from Kingswear who parked his Volvo over the road and got out just to look at my car are you?! Had a long chat.....................

Edited by Nello