Blue&me Software Update

mikejj55

Question

I wondered if any forum members have carried out an update to the Blue&Me software which runs the music, phone, sat nav, voice commands etc?

I followed the instructions on the Blue&Me website to get the software configuration and then obtained the download for Version 8. (By following instruction for a Lancia Delta as Chrysler is not recognised)

I just have not had the courage to upload the update into the car, for all I know it might reset to a Lancia.  So am leaving alone until someone else with greater knowldge can confirm whether it is the right thing to do.

Any comments?

Cheers,  Mike

Apart for adding the latest phones was there any improvement in any other functions?

I had been hoping that the satnav software may be updated with postcodes (other Fiat models get postcode search)?

Cheers

Mike

Re: Postcodes .....

I have the original sat nav software (dated 2013 edition) in my sat nav SD card.

As with you - I wanted to get the sat nav handbook (out of print and 20E no lead time) 

I started playing with the sat nav - knowing in advance my route.

I started entering the place name - by putting in the initial letter of the post code.

On the second letter - the numbers came up, entering the full post code was then enabled.

It cross checked to the street and town, and one merely enters the number of the house, as if you are using the sat nav in 'normal entry mode'.

viz:  want 12 Possum drive, Streetley, England ST1 23A

enter on first screen S, then T (numbers appear 123 (no spaces), then A

screen goes to

England

Streetly

Possum drive

select house number 12

Have a fiddle - it does work....

Also: On one screen you have local attractions etc

You can then select from a menu - the local attractions around Streely,

Select Daffodil Cafe - and when selected, you can end up at the local cafe.

You can also add multiple way points, just by entering them in sequence.

Hope this helps.

Have not been brave enough to update the Blue&Me software - Dealer wanted mega bucks, so, will leave that alone.

Think that £149 for a sat nav update disc is a bit high too - especially as Garmin only charge for a life time update at &9£.

Regards

Penguin 

The blue and me update is dead easy you just need to be slightly patient when doing it, regarding the sat nav my car is a 2011 and has ,I think, 2012 labelled mapping sadly postcodes don't seem to function properly and I checked with Navteq who confirmed the maps have the information but it's fiat software that will not resolve it, getting newer maps would make no difference.

Just to be certain I tried postcodes again you can put in for instance dn34 but it then suggests either dn34 4 or dn34 5 when you select one it comes up with a list of local villages and so on in the format @grimsby basically it's total nonsense! If you select one you just end up at the town you could have selected manually anyway......... It is really pants because in my old mg zt whilst it wouldn't recognise the whole postcode at least you could put in the first 6 digits and it would give you a list of streets to chose from. Anyone know if there is a software update at the dealers to cure this and if so will they do it as part of a service without ripping you off? Edited by Rossocorsa

My car doesn't have sat nav but does anyone know if i can get the HTC 601 to integrate in to the blue & me system so i can play music from my phone and use the controls on the srteering wheel.

I know i can just plug it in and it will work using the phone, i need to use the steering wheel controls though.

I cant be stopping every 3 or 4 miles to change the tunes.... ;)

Edited by schteveo

You could try a software update but tbh I suspect it simply will not function, I find it easier to use a 32gb memory stick you can get very small ones these says that look fine permanently plugged in. Still not all that easy to navigate though as there is no way to call up a track of album list you just have to scroll by album one by one in alphabetical order

I'd rather cut my head off and sh*t down the hole than own an iPhone! Android the land of the free for me... One would hope it works on windows phones lol too!

I'll give my HTC a try tomorrow... Today has been mainly removing that awful badge off the boot (and a Mangoletsi sticker) and polishing the glass and boot lid where they were.  

Has anybody got a spare wheel, or like me got a silly compressor and tyre weld thing!? I might have to get the tool kit and spare as I don't like boing without.

I'd rather cut my head off and sh*t down the hole than own an iPhone! Android the land of the free for me... One would hope it works on windows phones lol too!

I'll give my HTC a try tomorrow... Today has been mainly removing that awful badge off the boot (and a Mangoletsi sticker) and polishing the glass and boot lid where they were.

Has anybody got a spare wheel, or like me got a silly compressor and tyre weld thing!? I might have to get the tool kit and spare as I don't like boing without.

You can use the app someone mentioned in another post to get text reading, got it on my nexus it does work but I can't say how well as I hardly ever get text when driving so not enough experience yet. I have the pump and stuff I don't like it but haven't had to use it so far .....I think most punctures are slow so I'd use the pump without the gunk as a first attempt the tyre pressure sensors are very sensitive so will catch an issue quite early they even light up sometimes when there's a sudden cold snap! Edited by Rossocorsa

Any idea what the Apps called Rosso?

Yeah the tyre weld completely fubars the tyre if you use it. There is an American one available that's water soluble and washes out... Does only the Limited have the tyre pressure sensors?

Not sure about sensors and also not sure if they are a good thing as they are a potential mot fail, as regards the app look for a post in this section a small while back

Gents - I've never been a techno-freak hence have only just got around to setting up the Blue&Me with my phone. I've tried playing with the settings but for some reason whenever I hit the Voice / Windows button to hear that nice lady she is always extremely faint - in fact I can hardly hear her at all? Any idea how to adjust the Blue&Me speech volume. I considered it quite an achievement for me to actually pair the phone!