Fault P0132

Krzysztofk

Question

Hi, after oxygen sensor change, a fault P0132 is shown, the engine check service lights up. When I erase the fault, it wont light up when it use. It will light up after not being started overnight. A geniune chrysler oxygen sensor is fitted, and is good for sure. What else could be causing this fault? Thanks

9 answers to this question

This P0132 associates with other car brands as well and comes under O2 sensor circuit bank 1 sensor 1. Front sensor. Fault in the car that I was reading about lay in the wiring loom between o2 sensor and ECU. You've not got a DPF fitted have you, or is that just for Diesels...

Hiya @@gordy, yep just for them there sooty diesels, Diesel Particulate Filter, fricking pest.

My Mazda 6 2.0 that had a 32 mile each way commute STILL cocked up.

I'm rather glad my van is just a teeny but too old for one, the last of the Euro 3 models.

And the code could apparently be, possibly, too rich a mixture, if the sensor and wiring are good.

The high voltage (which is still very low - less than 1 volt) is caused by the mixture!

I didn't know that - found it on a trouble shooting site:

http://troubleshootmyvehicle.com/chrysler/3.9L-5.2L-5.9L/how-to-test-code-P0132-page-1

And yes it's a bit of a bigger engine than we get! So may not be completely applicable to this - beware!

Edited by bignev