Newbie Grand Owner - 2.8 Ltd 2004 (54) Stow N Go

Royston

Question

Hi all,

Am new to chrysler and to the forum and have just bought myself a 54 plate stow n go grand.

A few questions so will post all at once

So far I love it but I am struggling to find any manuals for it anywhere. Also wanted to find a centre console to fit in between 2nd row seats but again struggling to find any other than odd random eBay listing.

There is no DVD entertainment system fitted at the moment does anyone have any advice as to where to look or recommend for fitting?

And finally the parking assist worked briefly first time I reversed but now has gone silent wondered if there may be any reason?

Apologies for long list but saves time.

Appreciate any help / feedback in advance

Cheers

9 answers to this question

Hi,

Owners Manual or service manuals?

There is one but it is very rare, US Ebay maybe. It has to be able to unclip due to the stow and go. I saw one once, but don't even know it it is Chrysler manufactured.

Chrysler system is expensive even 2nd hand, buy aftermarket that can be fitted into headrests maybe or aftermarket roof mounted. Have a word with your local audio installer. But get one with wireless headphones so you don't have to listen to 'Frozen' for the 10th time. The Chrysler DVD systems of this era do not have memory stick input so the car gets filled with scratched DVDS.

My parking assist did the same. Pulled the battery to reset the system and it started working again. This is the recommended first point of contact for any voyager electrical problem :-)

Edited by fjinnes

And by the way, the gearbox oil/filter is a serviceable item and needs replacing every 20K IIRC. I bought a voyager recently and changed the oil/filter on Sunday. The old oil had not been changed in 144K and looked like treacle. For lots more info have a look at the .com version of this site.

Fraser

Hi there,

L plates you state the gearbox and filter need changing every 20k. I have a 54 2.8 limited and the user manual clearly states the filter and oil in the gearbox do not need changing under normal driving conditions, it only needs changing every 60k if the vehicle is used as a taxi or used for towing. However I can see your point as if you buy second hand you don't know if it has been used for towing or a taxi!

12 hours ago, Adam999 said:

Hey man, I hope you found the answer to your question

Next time before buying a used vehicle, you want to ensure you run a vehicle history report online

This will ensure that you are not buying a damaged car or a car with defects

Yo my man,

Where do you suggest that you can run a 'vehicle history report' for a car in the UK, and secondly, where can you buy cars in the UK that are 18 years old without any damage or defects ?

Curious minds need to know :).

And rather unfortunately any advice is a little late, as this thread is over 7 years old........

From my experiences on the Subaru Outback forum, I believe in the USA you can run "carfax" checks which seem to quite often have service histories if the workshops have uploaded them. As you say @maxcaddy that doesn't exist in the UK!

Edited by bignev