Delta 12 Plate: Rear Light Cluster Info....

Penguin2007

Question

Hi All

Had an error warning come up on the Delta dash within a few days of purchase - looks like an 'orange spark plug' ... with 'check LHS turn indicator'.

The warning light self corrects if i) you switch the ignition off or ii) you turn on the left hand indicator or iii) if you open and lock the car door with the spare key at the garage leaving the engine running on forecourt.

The car went in with my other fault, (cruise control & hill start) but the computer diagnostics download did not have any error messages for this fault.

After a hairy trip out, with no left turn indicators at all - the car was taken back to the seller, and referred on to Chrysler for a diagnosis check. (Remembered to take a photo of the dash light to prove the point). It was the third time, I had been back to seller with same fault.

LUCKILY this time, the error had been recorded by the on board diagnostics computer, and it turns out to be a faulty rear light cluster. A complete replacement required - even though its just the left turn indicator.

Thats the good news.

The bad news is the nearest replacement part is in ..... Italy!

Ordered, and hopefully here before I venture off on my tour to Scotland next week.

[i do not know the error code that has been thrown up on the Chrysler diagnostic checker].

Regards

Chris

Morris A35 Van, Ford Cortina Mk3, Ford Cortina Mk4, Fiat Uno x 2, Fiat Punto, Fiat Tipo, Fiat Bravo x 2, Fiat Stilo, Fiat Bravo, and now ... Chrysler Delta 1.6 Sat Nav plus

I think it failed on all occasions on mine Mikey - although its a pretty futuristic part on the Nuova Delta (actually one of my favourite looking parts) I think its quite poorly manufactured. I recall how surprised I was in how easy it was to remove as well.

Yes totally agree on the poor quality front... especially given how expensive they are to replace!!

An update to the rear light. A rear left light was ordered off amazon. £190, but I needed it quickly for the mot. It seems to have fixed the issue so far. I need to drive it more, as the broken one had moments it would work for a day or so.

I do need help on something else though. Before the light was ordered, a family member said nonsense,.. I'll fix it. Long story short. I need a new steering column cover. Would anyone have any idea where to get these or even a part number?

James online eper a bit busy currently but as mentioned before - if you get the correct FCA part number you can order anything for your Delta from any Fiat/Alfa dealer. 

Whats wrong with your old one?

Edited by Nello