Aircon Compressor Parts

Rich44

Question

I've just had the outer part of the aircon clutch fall off, obviously the bolt has fallen out & vanished and I just found half a snap ring too so.....

I need a snap ring and the centre bolt to hold it all together, any suggestions where I can find them? REALLY want to avoid buying & fitting a new compressor.

Cheers

Edited by Rich44

2 answers to this question

Try scrap yards, the one that I sometimes go you can go inside the yard and pick your own part, I even smashed some door windows to see if is like in the movies...is not, is more like police interceptors when they struggle to smash one. More or led you can do whatever you want but with the parts coming out you have to pay them.

It's called Charles Trent and it has two locations.

Hope it helps.

Thanks, thought of breakers but I can't really use a second hand circlip/snap ring though, after the abuse one of them takes its highly likely a used one is just going to well snap if I try to take one off.

I've just guessed at bolts and found an M6 1.0x30 fits nicely I've ordered a box of misc circlips so hoping one of those fits.

Blooming nightmare trying to find parts or even specs of parts.

Edited by Rich44