Grand Voyager, Help In Kent

jackson9818

Question

Hi, wondered if anyone in kent/south east can point me towards a garage that will do the timing belt on grand voyager 2.5 crd.  i have called around about twenty garages, all but one refused to even look at it, and the one that did wanted £1200.00 (more than the car cost me)

I cant believe its that difficult to get a belt done.

6 answers to this question

Hi,

That's very strange. I got mine done at one of the Halfords Autocentres (Not the usual Halfords shops) and they did it for I think around £500 no questions and no problems (They did the water pump too so add another 100 quid on as it's worth doing when it's stripped down).

Try some of the larger garages, the small backstreet ones don't like the Grand Voyagers since they're usually too big to go on their lifts and stands easily, but no reason why they can't do the job.

Good luck and hope you get sorted. (How many miles are you on BTW?)

the milage is 142000, cars in really good condition otherwise, this is my third GV, it replaces one in which the timing belt failed.... hense my egerness to have it done.

ive tried three halfords autocentres, they dont have the engine locking tools so cannot do it.  it would seem its too much bother, and ive offered to buy the tools as you dont have to pay a fortune for them.  Still no one will touch it.

A Chrysler garage quoted me £750 in 2013 but got it done for just under £500 (belt & wheels) as Andy says. You can buy the locking pin kit on fleebay for around £25. Time for job is 4 Hours. But wasn't very happy with the garage afterwards when they told me there was a coolant drip leak near where they were working. Had an idea it was the thermostat housing to head joint. Rad weld sorted that though.