How To Activate The Hill Hold Control?

pstavropoulos

Question

Hello,

Can you please advise how to activate the hill hold control on a Chrysler Delta 1.6 Diesel Auto 2012. The car specs have "ESP + hill hold control" listed. The car does not currently hold when uphill with A1 or A2 auto gear so I am wondering whether the hill hold function is not activated?

Any advise is welcome!

Thank you.

9 answers to this question

I have a manual.

Also much problems when I bought the car......

Hill hold for me ...

Stop on >6 to 8% gradient

Footbrake on

Select first gear

Release footbrake - accelerated pedal down to bite point

Two seconds of time allowed to move off the bite point to motion of car.

The microswitch / sensor control on mine was broken - it maybe the same on yours?

Don't let this small bug put you off....

Its a brilliant car, once bugs etc are sorted out.

Check the threads in the Delta Forum.

Regards

Penguin

Yep as Neil says the gradient needs to be enough to deploy. Mine works perfectly and has done on all the Alfa's too. I never use the handbrake unless parked, so when you come to a stop, clutch down with foot still on brake and providing the hill is a reasonable gradient the hill hold gives you enough time to come off the brake and move forward...

Yep as Neil says the gradient needs to be enough to deploy. Mine works perfectly and has done on all the Alfa's too. I never use the handbrake unless parked, so when you come to a stop, clutch down with foot still on brake and providing the hill is a reasonable gradient the hill hold gives you enough time to come off the brake and move forward...

I still consider it to be pretty rubbish as I find it can't be relied upon so I always use the handbrake and I dread the time I have to buy a car with the now popular electronic handbrake hateful things

I find this a real p@@@ in the a@@@ now.

I have also been told by the big Policeman, that if you do roll back using this technique, you are liable. Some 'due care and attention'.

I find it far easier to use my feet and handbrake. Indeed when you jump  into other cars without the function - you actually have to de-learn the procedure. 

Happy handbrakes and clutch control.

Penguin

I find this a real p@@@ in the a@@@ now.

I have also been told by the big Policeman, that if you do roll back using this technique, you are liable. Some 'due care and attention'.

I find it far easier to use my feet and handbrake. Indeed when you jump  into other cars without the function - you actually have to de-learn the procedure. 

Happy handbrakes and clutch control.

Penguin

You'd have to be pretty daft to let the car roll back or a bad driver... I really don't understand the problem as you can tell immediately if it's going to hold or whether you need to apply the handbrake.

I never use/rely on it, it's just a minor function of the abs that they can probably enact for a few pence in the software and looked good in the sales brochure keeping the marketing department happy, I just thank God that it doesn't have an electronic hand brake the true work of the devil

The end is nigh... We're all doomed Victor! :lol:  :lol:  :lol: