Remapping Chip Box

Terryfromavonmouth

Question

2 answers to this question

I assume you're talking about a diesel, I've not got one on a Chrysler, but got one on my 2.5 Renault Master, been on for 12 years, Had one on a Mazda 6 2.0 sport - massive difference, Ford Galaxy 1.8 - slight improvement, Kia Sedona 2.9 - good improvement.

I all except the van I barely had any difference in the fuel consumption, but lots more torque, the van is slightly better with it on.

They normally just made a richer fuel/air mixture, potentially lowering mpg, but giving much better response torque.

But the richer mixture will create more soot, which will get put back into the intake clogging up valves and swirl motors quicker.

If you want the response and torque benefits lower down in the rev range, and not spends tons on parts destroyed by soot: you need to chip-tune delete the EGR.

So, I don't see the point in it if you're going to re-map the egr already you can re map the rest for not much more money.