Auto Italia Meeting

Nello

Question

Any of you chaps planning on going to the Auto Italia Summertime Classics event in June? http://www.auto-italia.co.uk/events.asp Its the one event I always go to as its not far from me and Mrs Nello loves the place. Stanford Hall is a lovely setting with nice grounds for a picnic etc. near Lutterworth by the M1/M6 junction. I usually go in either my Coupe or X1/9 but there was a Chrysler badged Delta SR there last year with the Lancia Motor Club boys so would be interested to see the reaction to a couple of properly badged Deltas'........

Edited by Nello

Signore e Signori - delighted to learn that Auto Italia have finally realised there is value outside of London and are bringing Auto Italia back to Stanford Hall - September 29th - https://www.facebook.com/events/2232103593539824/

I will definately be there - this was always my favourite venue going back to the Alfa Romeo Days especially as fairly local although not sure which car I will in be. Will confirm nearer the time.

Also MITCAR - the Midlands Italian car day - 

MITCAR 2019 will be at Jaguar Land Rover Classic Works near Coventry (Prologis Park nr Ryton on Dunsmore) on Saturday 31 August.

A fantastic venue - the largest classic car type operation of its type in the world! Normal admission is £49 per adult, but at MITCAR admission will be included in a small charge per car - likely under £10 per car. TO BE CONFIRMED. A VAST saving.

Again I will be there in one Italian or another - even closer to me this one - I used to work on the line at Ryton for Peugeot Talbot!

Be great to see any of you there if you can make it! 

Edited by Nello

Can't recall mine did Mike? I do remember going to see family in Scotland in it and taking the brow of a hill rather too quickly putting it somewhat sideways...............with my eldest in the back who was then still in a car seat?!

Deltisti - Tickets are now available for this years MITCAR (MIdlands Italian Car Day) for a very reasonable £5 - https://www.tickettailor.com/events/alfaromeoownersclub/273508?fbclid=IwAR3v4h9Nz8sKumo5LwXvmIqpSbounI4yPbOHJ1mOyE6uZlJuAgZbA_bdo4I

This year its at the Jaguar Classic Works in Ryton near Coventry - fortunately for me my home town - I actually used to work at that site for Peugeot Talbot! 

The Classic Division maintain old historic Jags as well as build the 'new recreation models to original spec such as the recent continuation D Types and XKSS's............ Well over £1 Million each!

I will be there - not sure what in yet but would be great to see anyone else from here.

Edited by Nello