Problem With Power Sliding Door.

951master

Question

Hello all, having some trouble with my driverside sliding door, car is an -03 grand voyager limited and has electric powered sliding doors.. problem is, it wont open, just unlocking ant then nothing more.. it seems like a contact somewhere dont send a signal to tell the electric motor to take over.. sometimes from time to time it works just fine, but bot often... where do i first look for faults? grateful for help..

cheers//Richard

9 answers to this question

Mmmm Good one Richard

Cracked wire? Behind the door card job - as oft stated .... pain in the door card

Dirty contacts? Behind the door card job - as oft stated .... pain in the door card

Iffy fuse? = change & see (with a known working fuse) - bonnet / drivers side knee box (unsure of where your fusebox is) - broken finger nails and much cussing and puffing

Continuity testing via ECB download - could be done at your local garage man shop.... Or the good old AVO resistance meter

Penguin

try the wire that runs in the door to car via the plastic chain runner  

pull the plastic cover forward a round bottom of seat belt to get at connector car side

then pull the clips up on wire and lift chain out theres a clip on last link off chain and undo the connector on door side

test each wire for breaks most of time larger thick black resolder a piece in to make gap up 

Hi I am new to the forum but already have found it to be useful, I had a problem with power sliding door and I checked the sites advised for fault and found a broken wire. Repaired wire now no problem thanks for your help 

Repaired mine today, there was a broken wire as intimated.  Interestingly, not only was the wire broken, but it had also cracked in about eight places, revealing the bare wires beneath!  Took about 40 minutes, the video above was a real help!  Thanks again!!

Hi, it is a common fault on these cars, as the wires are in "contact" with the outside temperature, over the winter when it eventually freezes outside, by use of the door, the plastic will crack. I replaced mines with 1mm insulated flat flex hoping I cured the matter( at least it is for now). same diagnostic can be found in the door/s wires passage.

hi had same problem with my doors 

watched this easy easy repair well worth a go your self 

copy paste watch 

A buddy here recently having an intermittent problem with the sliding door of his Voyager. We will take a look at it right after we finished installing this bilstein shocks and new wheels on the current pick up truck project. Thank you for that tutorial vid.