Fuel Pressure Disappears.. Bad Or Non Starting... Again

RichardM

Question

Was going to start with "Hi guys" but not sure if that's politically correct these days so Hi ya'll (Americal - Correct ???)

Anyway after many months of no problems I had to call the recovery truck yesterday, thought the old problem of air in fuel had reared it's ugly head again despite the new and improved BMW fuel filter .. but no ... a new and challenging fault .. #1130....

My local garage put the diagnostics on and whilst running the fuel pressure starts at 26000 and runs up to 32000 (PCals or something) but as soon as you switch off it drops down to 400 (read during crank over) any ideas .. fuel pump, sensor, cpu ????

Help and advice required please.

Cheers Richard

4 answers to this question

There is no primer pump on the old girl now; replaced the filter housing with a BMW in line about 9 months ago.

Will check the NRV but doubt it; there is pressure in the rail but not enough. The bleed off / overpressure valve on the rail was replaced 10 months ago but may be worth replacing again; pressure is dropping off in the rail; spill test was done at same time (9 months ago) and injectors appeared spot on.. no doubt the brothers Judd (my local garage) will resolve it eventually but I don't half miss the old girl (a ton of tools, cable and junk and still loads of room!)

Injectors spot on - leak test done.

Pressure relief valve replaced with no effect. (Bosch)

Doesn't cut out or stutter when started - goes like the proverbial bomb.

..... has behaved itself these past few days, have a tin of quick start in the van (hate using it but my job takes me to some very very remote areas.

Have ordered a pajero fuel filter housing (has a primer on top!) .. will see how that works (it's £26.00 as opposed to £189 ish for the Mopar original)