Driven 100 Miles Help Required

Madmax

Question

Well I have now driven 100 miles and now need a few answers. Have found nothing in the hand book I down loaded.

1 Where is the horn? Try as I might I cannot find it.

2 How do you change the front reading/courtesy light bulbs?

3 There is a light on the speedo/rev counter console that is right at the bottom in the middle. It is yellow and looks like heat rising. Any ideas what it means. Has come on and gone off.

4 Has anyone fitted an after market radio? I would like to fit one with blue tooth, sat nav, dvd possibly. The fitted radio is bigger than a din 1, but smaller than a din2.

Thats all for now, thanks for any help.

6 answers to this question

Horn is in the steering wheel centre where the spokes are should be marked in the plastic, The lenses will pop out of the courtesy light with a small plastic tool however the bulbs are not easy to find be careful to not break the sprags that hold them in. T10 bulbs can be made to fit with a bit of persuasion.  the warning light is the diesel pre heater, comes on automagically when needed, don't fit an after market radio they almost always cause power drain issues. the standard system is pretty good so if yours is not up to snuff check it is working properly. hope this helps.

Tim

Thanks for that Tim. Nice to know thats where the horn is. Makes it so much easier to use.  The Diesel pre heaters should not really be coming on when the engine has been running for a few miles. But has only done it twice. I thought that the lens would just pop out but did not want to break them. Radio seems OK but wanted something with a sat nav and blue tooth fitted. Also the reversing camera looks handy.

All the best and stay safe. Nigel

Hi L Plates, in my GV 2007 2.8 xs executive has a orange light at the bottom which I have been told is a cabin heater, this comes on when interior is cold, mine works intermittently until the fuel tank is less thank 1/4 of a tank and then it doesn’t work, the engine preheates are to the right of the Rev counter in between the fuel gauge, above the screen wash empty light. will try and add a picture, but not terribly good at posting pictures. 
hope this helps 

PJ

post-3011-0-71518100-1620298444_thumb.jpeg

post-3011-0-11954100-1620298446_thumb.jpeg