Central Locking Fuse

VoyagerAndrew

Question

Hi ALL, 

I read here somewhere that if the Central Locking stops working on Chrysler Grand Voyager Limited edition, 57 plate, the quick fix is to remove the central locking fuse for five minutes to reset the computer - on the cover of the fuse box, it says, "Disconnect Battery before Removing Fusebox Cover!" This seems to contradict the idea of simply removing the cover and lifting the fuse for five minutes - has anyone had direct experience of this before?

2 answers to this question

The guy who seemed to have 'chapter and verse' on all these sort of issues went be the username 'QinteQ', and was a mine of information. Unfortunately he's not been on here for some time. 

My Fusebox cover has been off and on more times than a Tarts Knickers, without ever disconnecting the Battery, with no ill effects at all.

Hi, I had a sliding door central locking module fail/seize, caused the central locking to stop working, check the manual locking buttons and see if ones not moving, I got actuator off Ebay, fitted it  (watched youtube video) and found it would still not lock with fob or switch, read on a forum to pull the IOD fuse for 30 secs and replace, it now works.
HTH