Electric Folding Mirrors And Air Con Pump Cutting In On Its Own

dave62pb

Question

A couple of other niggling things to sort out

The folding mirrors don't always work and air con pump cuts in on its own ( have to pull the fuse in winter )

Air con works fine when switched on it when I switch off the pump cuts in on and off

hope somebody can shed some light on the problem , I have changed relay but still the same

3 answers to this question

On the air con, depending if you have the auto or manual control type, if the airflow is directed to the windscreen the AC will switch on to aid demisting, need it or not. Not just when it's all the way to the screen either, a couple of notches away from all the way round and it;s still on. If you have an owners handbook it's in there somewhere.

However, mine does it in any position now, unless I pull the relay like you. So of course because it's not used much it's lost gas again from having it sorted last year, when will I learn  ;)

My folding mirrors decide where they park, not at all in the right spot, usually way too far forward, so now they are held in the correct position with black insulation tape, I gave up on them!

On the air con, depending if you have the auto or manual control type, if the airflow is directed to the windscreen the AC will switch on to aid demisting, need it or not. Not just when it's all the way to the screen either, a couple of notches away from all the way round and it;s still on. If you have an owners handbook it's in there somewhere.

However, mine does it in any position now, unless I pull the relay like you. So of course because it's not used much it's lost gas again from having it sorted last year, when will I learn  ;)

My folding mirrors decide where they park, not at all in the right spot, usually way too far forward, so now they are held in the correct position with black insulation tape, I gave up on them!

Just sorting mine now for the MOT so doing all the odd outstanding jobs , tried the folding mirrors and they work every time now but the mirror adjustment has stopped working on both sides

The rear tailgate stopped working last year then started working again just before I took it off the road in January now its stopped again , must have a loose connection