2.8 Crd Cutting Out

Daz264

Question

Hi guys my gv 2.8 crd has cut out on me twice now and the first time was accelerating hard on motorway .I saw some talk on a post from 2018 about fuel heater one was from andyb2000 and a film he made about problem areas to check but that ain't loading so any help wud be much appreciated. It only seems to cut out under hard acceleration engine off oil light on no steering or anything but when key turned off then on it fires back up no problem then seems to run OK. Thx

7 answers to this question

Had it on a 2002 and a 2006. 

Both times it was fuel filter related. The 2002 I had changed and it hadn't sealed it right, 2006 it had been changed before I picked it up and was slightly loose. If it's not had a fuel filter for a while, that can cause it too.

After that, the filter housing would be where I'd look. Hairline crack possibly. 

Those are pretty simple/cheap before you get into the nitty gritty

MAP is the boost pressure sensor, the one that tells the engine brain what boost the turbo is making  so that you can get up that hill. If not enough pressure  it shuts engine down. Only thing is you could be overtaking at the time. It's situated on top of the  inlet manifold left side. Clean with care, better replaced. 

Thx m8 I cleaned the mass flow air sensor today now need to change glow plugs as its on 120000 and I don't think they have ever been change just waiting for a kit to arrive just incase they brake up fingers crossed .but I'll let u no how I get on and thx for all the help m8