Water In Fuel (Dashboard Warning)

RichardM

Question

Confusion reigns (again). Last night I got a couple of warnings light up on the dash.

First was a water in fuel warning (Little flame type display next to the low fuel warning)... I understood that the seperator / sensor was built into the fuel filter housing on the front of the engine which has not existed on my car for three months (it was replaced by an in line fuel filter from a BMW 3 litre due to poor starting). All the sensor and pre heat leads were left in place with no apparent detrimental effects and everything was tickety boo till last night. No apparent problems with starting or running but thought would check the manual (pdf 2005-RG-Diesel_SM) which indicates there is a fuel filter in front of the rear axle which contains the fuel / water seperator and sensor ???? true or not ? It's too blxxdy cold , wet and muddy to crawl under the car at present and I don't believe the manual .. too many othet errors in it.

Second warning wa sthe ABS light glowing in the dark but believe this may be due to a sensor deing ripped off or disconnected when I went through a puddle (rather deeper than I thought) at around 50mph on the A52 .. as I mentioned it's been rather wet lately.

Anyway are there two fuel filters on the 2007 Voyager?

If not is the WIF sensor in the filter housing at the front of the engine ? (as below)

post-3315-0-43750400-1612691201_thumb.png

Any help gratefully accepted, recieved.

Richard

3 answers to this question

That confirms what I thought .. won't say what I think of the manual (book that is, not gearboxes - though I'm no fan of those either.. probably one of the rare better ideas of our friends across the pond [Autos Forever, Rah,Rah,Rah)

Nope, it ain't the auxillary heater, that always comes on even though we pulled the fuse when the in line filter was fitted, this is right next to the fuel warning light = in fact it lights up the fuel light  even though it's 3/4 full.... NEVER NEVER run out of diesel when you've put an in line in as you lose the primer pump (it's part of the filter housing).

Thanks for the confirmation.