2010 Grand Voyager - Tailgate & Third Row Seats Stopped Working

TrevorB

Question

The above car is my fifth Grand Voyager and whilst they have their problems they are the most versatile vehicle I have owned. I haven’t come across this issue before and a search doesn’t bring anything relevant up. Firstly the power lift for the tailgate stopped working. The remote button would release the latch but it would go to half way up and then just stop and keep moving as if trying to lift. The struts are fine and the tailgate could be opened manually. Next the third row seats stopped working and are now in the stowed position. I have been living with this as, whilst it’s a nuisance, it hasn’t interfered with using the car. BUT now the tailgate latch has stopped working, meaning that it is permanently in the open position. 

There must be a connection between these issues. I suspect maybe an earth fault?

Has anybody had similar problems?

1 answer to this question

I have a similar issue in that the seats don't move but the tailgate does work and latches fine.

I have been able to power the seats by directly probing the connectors to make them move so the motors work fine with no noise or stickiness.

I presume that the control module is faulty or needs resetting.

Is this a known fault? Is there a way to check the control module because I've checked all the fuses so it isn't any of those.

Cheers

The above car is my fifth Grand Voyager and whilst they have their problems they are the most versatile vehicle I have owned. I haven’t come across this issue before and a search doesn’t bring anything relevant up. Firstly the power lift for the tailgate stopped working. The remote button would release the latch but it would go to half way up and then just stop and keep moving as if trying to lift. The struts are fine and the tailgate could be opened manually. Next the third row seats stopped working and are now in the stowed position. I have been living with this as, whilst it’s a nuisance, it hasn’t interfered with using the car. BUT now the tailgate latch has stopped working, meaning that it is permanently in the open position. 

There must be a connection between these issues. I suspect maybe an earth fault?

Has anybody had similar problems?