Brake Pads/discs Recommendations

Josboogz

Question

Hi All,

Just wondered if you guys had any brake disc/pad recommendation for the Delta.

My last set were Bosch Pads/discs sets (I was under the impression it’s always best to buy same brand discs and pads for compatibility) and haven’t been too pleased. They have squeaked from day 1 and my Indy said copper grease was no longer needed on the new pads or discs these days with spacers and padding provided but I disagree.

My Delta is a work horse carrying 3 children and heavy car seats so is heavy on brake use.

Carparts4less have Pagid, Eicher Or brembo. I’m tempted with Pagid as they were good on my golf back in the day.

Any recommendations and advice welcome

Cheers

7 answers to this question

Yep completely agree with you on copper grease! I've not heard anyone say you don't need it before? Mine were certainly coated in it and never squeaked? There's nothing worse than squeaky brakes... On the other hand my 1750tbi Alfa Sportwagon used to squeal like a b*tch and I could never get those Brembo 4 pots to quieten down!

I used Pagid a lot and find them good and usually great value too! So they'd get my vote...

Cheers Mikey,

My Indy did say sometimes it’s luck of the draw on the Manufacturing of brakes with the fit and they squeak until they settle down.

You had a TBi sport wagon! Awesome! How was the boot space compared to the delta? I am still tempted to buy one but it’s crazy money for a car 5–6 years older than my delta and double the mileage. I loved my 156 but it always has some niggles which I don’t miss especially with a family to transport about.

Very similar to be honest as the stupidly high boot lip is always a restricting factor. Yeah the TBI is very rare as your know especially in SW format... It was one of the last on a 60 plate, so was a phase 3 with the black half leather/alcantara and red piped seats with black aluminium dash. Great engine with almost V6 like performance, just quite muted in the audible department.

Hi All,

Just wondered if you guys had any brake disc/pad recommendation for the Delta.

My last set were Bosch Pads/discs sets (I was under the impression it’s always best to buy same brand discs and pads for compatibility) and haven’t been too pleased. They have squeaked from day 1 and my Indy said copper grease was no longer needed on the new pads or discs these days with spacers and padding provided but I disagree.

My Delta is a work horse carrying 3 children and heavy car seats so is heavy on brake use.

Carparts4less have Pagid, Eicher Or brembo. I’m tempted with Pagid as they were good on my golf back in the day.

Any recommendations and advice welcome

Chezers

I replaced front discs and pads a week or so back..... Advisory on MOT in May 2019 suggests that the inner faces of discs were flaking.So it was well overdue,pads had about 5-6 mm left.

I fitted Unipart discs(£28),and Juratek pads(£21) from the Bay.....be aware that Juratek pads have only one wear sensor...part number JCP 1468.

Just returned from a week in Devon, and those improved brakes were very welcome ,steep hills, very narrow lanes etc.

Ian