Obd2 Reader

biscuit

Question

Hi fans, I have just bought an Autel AP200 Bluetooth code reader and it actually reads the Voyager including ABS etc. The cost is around the mid £50’s but make sure it mentions mk808 as there are cheaper versions about which doesn’t cover a lot. I’m using an iPhone with it but it says it works on android phones.

14 answers to this question

Hiya,

Does this device read engine diagnostics - fuel pressure, timing, etc.. I am still struggling with having to prime the blxxdy diesel line every couple of days otherwise it just turns over threatens sometimes to start Once running goes like buggery, no smoke just loads of acceleration. Had the injectors checked and the relief valve, all spot on. Can find no leaks on the fuel system. A previous owner fitted an in line fuel pump, don't know if it does more harm than good?

You have an Low Pressure part and the High Pressure part, the HP is the massive £2k injector pump that will pull all the way from the tank.

The low pressure bit relies on having just enough in the filter to stock up to start. Any part of the LP that is weak enough to allow air in will displace diesel and allow leakback to the tank return. how do you "prime" it?

On the subject of priming.

Prime it by pumping the rubber 'bung' thing at the front of the engine - now use a walking stick from charity shop to stop ripping the skin off my hands. Give it ten pumps and it usually does the tric

On the subject of Autel, I am still curious if this kit works with the 2.8 diesels diagnostics as I have not found any code reader that will read live diagnostics. ???

I have the £1800 full garage liscenced old version of its original, now very old but an excellent diagnostic. In your case RichardM. You already know your problem and solution.

The LP "Lucas" primer shouldn't need one let alone 6 compressions. Fuel filter is compromised:

- air in displacement

- water in displacement (my favourite)

- loose rattling drain tap

- 2 '0' rings in filter not 1

- others !

Best of luck.

Hiya chaps! Do the Voyagers have a non return valve on the low pressure system on the way to the fuel filter?

I ask as last year my Renault van decided to be a bit of a naughty thing, and would wind over and not start on a couple of occasions. Giving it throttle made no difference.

Called my breakdown service and they popped out and read no faults at all. Because it wasn't a problem with the electronics as it turns out.

Next time thankfully my brain quickly put together lots of the bits from this forum on some of the problems, came up with a fuel situation, and pumped the primer bulb on the inlet to the filter in the engine bay - quite high up I might add, well above the top of the engine by about 7" I reckon, took a couple of goes but then it chugged into life, got itself going and was fine while running. I got to my job, after 5 minutes went to move the van and it told me to bog off. 

After a few failed attempts we hit on this - with the aid of my mate, I pumped the primer bulb while he cranked it over, and it eventually chimed into life. Drove fine on the way home. 

New in line primer bulb / non return valve later and it was back to usual. I didn't touch anything else at all.

I'm going to duplicate and put this on @@oldginger post regarding his not starting up.

Edited by bignev

Ah, ok, I saw the picture on the other post, I reckon it's part of that primer button assembly diaphragm.

I'm thinking that if @@RichardM is priming his frequently, then as you say something is causing it to "break the vacuum" in my plumbing terms to enable it to leak fuel back to the tank.

As a matter of interest, the rubber primer bulb (inc the new one) on my van isn't hard, I though I'd check it to see if it's any different to other times I have in years past, I can pump it probably 4 times before it feels properly firm, but it doesn't hesitate to start up without touching it.

Edited by bignev

Hi mate we've got crossed wires, I haven't got a fault, I was talking in the past tense about the problem I had 18 months ago!

I was putting in for information and reference to @@oldginger and @@RichardM with the same happening on their cars - turning over but not trying to start. You guys all know the usual suspects, but it was a situation I had on a diesel engine, so hence the question about the 2.8 non return valve.