Alarm Sensitivity Reset

Dido

Question

For the past e nights my Delta alarm was trigerred possibly by wild life, or maybe spontaneously. Initially, I was too lazy to get out and check and just had a good look from the window and made sure nobody was tampering with it and deactivated the alarm from my key fob. Only to be waken up within 10-15 minutes, that was repeated like 2-3 times until I got out opened the car and started the engine (kind of acknowledging the alarm).

Interestingly, there was no alert on the dashboard screen (usually says breaking attempt or something if that sort)

Any body had any experience with that?

Anybody knows what is the usual sequence of events after an alarm set, and how to deactivate it properly...?

Is the alarm sensitivity accessible and can it be readjusted, where are the sensors, what to look for for sorting out this hyper reactivity or even spontaneous set off?

8 answers to this question

How old is your battery Dido? I've not had any issues with the alarm other than once or twice I've got in and had the 'possible attempted break-in' message but for no  reason but I've had enough Italians to know the odd random message is completely normal! Sorry that doesn't really help though! Not aware of anywhere you can adjust the alarm but that might because I have not had any reason to look. You sure there wasn't something like a fly in the car? 

Edited by Nello

Sorted.

A quick browse of the manual solved the issue. There is this volumetric sensor inside the cabin that can be deactivated via the small button on the front cabin lights. When you press that button it lights and that means that the inside sensor is deactivated.

Well done although on the subject I've just had to order a new battery finally with the car sitting for months in this lockdown without use. The Delta seems to do very well on batteries though as many are reporting like mine were still on the originals. So mine was 9 years old as well which is very good especially for a car with Stop/Start. 

Sorted.

A quick browse of the manual solved the issue. There is this volumetric sensor inside the cabin that can be deactivated via the small button on the front cabin lights. When you press that button it lights and that means that the inside sensor is deactivated.

If that's your problem, it could be a vent or a window open, possibly even something hanging in the back of the car??