U140E

jonnyjeep

Hi everyone, my name is Jon & I'm a newbie, so please be gentle....but I do bite if provoked ;)

I bought a 2007 Chrysler 300C CRD a couple months ago with 78,000 on the clock, from someone who had had it sitting on the driveway for a while with a flat battery. He jumped started it for me when I went to view it & I noticed that the ABS, ESP, traction lights were lit up on the dash. At the time I considered this a minor fault because I was buying it for probably £1000-£1500 less than what most were selling for on autotrader & other online selling media.

After fitting a brand new brand Exide 900A battery the lights still didn't go out. I have since read alot about these cars not liking having a flat battery for a while or even being jump started.

Anyway, the code I get from both my Delphi & Appcar diag FCA laptop diagnostic software is U140E. The Appcar diag FCA is a recent one that I bought & it seems to do quite alot. But the Delphi software is the only one that will actuate the ABS pump. Seeing that I can actuate the ABS pump via the Delphi software, then I'm assuming that the module & pump are working fine & that it really is down to the fact that the battery was dead for so long, or that a jump start may have messed with the ECU.

I'm thinking that the ECU needs to be re-flashed by a main dealer using their Starscan. Trouble is, at the moment, there are no main dealers open due to Covid-19.

Anyone know of an independent garage that may have Starscan for chrysler/jeep/mercedes in south Essex ?

Anyway, sorry for such a long newbie introduction  :)

Edited by jonnyjeep

• 1 month later...

Sorry, should have posted this in the problems page. Next time I will...promise

Anyway, if anyone was wondering what the solution was to code U140E....it was indeed down to a long term flat battery. Took the car to 'D.Salmon' in Colchester today & they sorted it out within an hour. They re-flashed the PCM, took it for a test drive & all sorted.

I've got to admit that I have always been a bit wary of main dealers, but 'D.Salmon' were the only place in Essex that I could find that were still servicing Chryslers & still had Starscan/Wi-Tech & the knowhow to use it. They have now changed my opinion of main dealers. They were absolutely fantastic & the guy doing the job really did know what he was doing, he was a real pro & so much more knowledgeable than every local garage/mechanic that looked at it & said.."it's the ABS pump mate ! "

The price was £99 (inc VAT) & I suppose that also includes the one off £35 pass to Techauthority for access to the Chrysler database, so that's not a bad price.

After four months of owning a Chrysler 300C with no ABS, ESP, Cruise control etc & not having the software to fix it (I thought I did when I bought it, but I was wrong), it's nice to finally find a main dealer (open after the lockdown has lifted) that still has the tech to service Chryslers.

Edited by jonnyjeep