Bluetooth Phone Recognition No Longer Working

PaulG65

Question

Hi there,

This is my first post despite having the car for 2.5 years. The steering wheel controls for the bluetooth phone system no longer work, yet all other controls on it do so now it won't recognise any of the phones. Has anyone suffered a similar fate and can advise if it is a simple job to fix, there is obviously no advice in the handbook. Any feedback would be appreciated thanks.

Paul.

4 answers to this question

Paul it might be worth pulling the head unit out and removing all the plugs from the back and reinserting them so you know they're connected properly. That might also sort out your navigation too, as you will have inadvertently done a soft reset.

If your head unit is remotely like mine was, then the Sat Nav was always searching for satellites! I think when 7 satellites have locked onto the unit the precision of your location then becomes accurate, although don't quote me on that as they differ slightly.

The GPS on these units is absolutely pants compared to the likes of Kenwood or Panasonic. They're basically cheap generic Chinese units with fascia plates attached to fit the look of Fiat/Lancia.   

Thanks Mikey, I will look into it tomorrow.

It just seems strange that everything has happened all at once since the new battery was fitted, or perhaps it just doesn't like exceeding six figures on the mileometer!

Sorry Paul meant to mention that plugging the Bluetooth in before the power cables go back in might also help. They can get upset quite easily so this reboot might help re-set it.

It seems to be a recurrent problem. When I went to see  the car before buying it the seller offered a discount because Bluetooth did not work. However, when he connected it to the computer for diagnostics, Blue and me magically came back. I bought the car and managed to link both my wife's telephone and mine. 3 months later connection was again lost, but it only lasted for a week or so, then it came back on its own.

Having said this, I must confess that I don't like it at all. The menus are too hard to navigate. And has it happened to you to accidentally call a number? almost impossible to stop it. Plus you need to have the radio on all the time for it to work.