Problems Finding A Clutch Slave Cylinder

Bazzerio

Question

Hi, my name is Barry and I drive a Manual 1999 Chrysler Grand Voyager LE TD 2.5, I've had this vehicle for almost 3 years, I put a new Clutch in it, a new windscreen and a wheel bearing hub when I first bought it, oh and a couple of tyres and have had no further problems since, it's been driven backwards and forwards to the Scottish highland a few times and around Europe, totally its done about 180,000 miles, about 30,000 by me, it's very economical when touring for its size (the cruise control helps with that) and the space inside is great, my grandchildren love it but now we are all sad.. The Clutch Slave Cylinder packed up a few weeks ago and I can't get one anywhere, I was told a used one can't be fitted because it's a sealed unit with the fluid already installed and they can't be bled, I tried Blueprint (Part No ADA103604) outlets but have been told this part has been discontinued, I've tried about ten different Auto part stockists but none of them had one and they all told me that Blueprint had discontinued the item and no other manufacturers make it, I've tried Rockautos.com in the USA but they don't have it either. At the moment the clutch pedal has sunk to the floor and the engine won't start because to disarm the isolation switch the clutch has to be engaged.

Is there anybody out there that can suggest where I can get a Slave Cylinder or know if it's possible to fit a used part? I would be most grateful any help in this matter.

2 answers to this question

A new Slave cylinder is approx. £120 depending on the supplier but I cant get one from anywhere anyway, somebody suggested to buy a used Master cylinder / Slave cylinder complete assembly, pipes and all, it will then come as a sealed unit so that's the way I may have to go. At the moment there is no power or compression in the clutch pedal its just down flat on the floor, if I got my toe under it and lifted up the pedal and let go, it would fall back to the floor, ideally it needs bleeding, apparently there is a way but nobody I have spoke to yet knows how, maybe one of you guys out there know how?