New Member Of The Delta Club However......

Reeko86

Question

So I have recently picked up an all-white 1.6 Multijet Delta with black tint windows, with 31000 miles on the clock. She's spotless - looks like it was never sat in. Service book followed to the letter - Cambelt done at 21000 miles as it was 4 years old! Currently in process of installing Bluetooth whilst keeping the original radio set-up.

However, a couple of questions.

First off, the simple. The black spring-clips on the back of the rear seats - what are they actually for? Im sure i read somewhere about a load cover, but unless I'm being blind I can't find mine.... :(

Next the 1/2 issue(s):

I get the yellow CODE icon come on at ignition but then goes out once engine starts. This indicate an actual issue, or does it relate to the following:

Also get a message stating "Alarm Unavailable". Are the two linked? And anyone else had this/easy fix?

13 answers to this question

Hi, congrats on the purchase

the parcel shelf has a couple of roller blinds build in, so when the rear seat rest is moved the 'roller blind' moves with it and the boot contents stays hidden. Hopefully just a matter of hooking them on, remember to unclip before folding the back seat as it will pull the material off the roll. Guess how I found out?

not 100% on the Code light, my old Alfas do that, but cant sat I have noticed it in the Delta. The alarm and immobilizer are separate systems.  The alarm is mounted under the scuttle/windscreen, does it sound when locking or unlocking?

HTH

Hello and welcome.

The "alarm unavailable" message might be due to the alarm siren being disconnected. I've had this on other makes, it usually happens because the backup battery in the alarm / siren unit is failing and causes false alarms, so people unplug the alarm unit as a quick fix. On some units you can replace the battery, on others you have to replace the whole siren assembly. Worth checking before you get in to paying for a garage to check it out.

Ahh OK I hadn't clocked the roll out bit! Will have a gander later!

And ahh ok that would make sense as the alarm lights flash but no alarm. Nor is a lock/unlock beep. Any chance of an almost-idiot guide on solving it?

TIA :)

I'd say its 99.9% it's the alarm siren unit, those are the exact symptoms I'd expect if its been unplugged. I've not done one on a Delta, but as Forzalancia says, it's under the windscreen scuttle panel. So it will be bonnet up, wiper arms off, them working out where all the scuttle panel clips are, removing it carefully and repair or replace the siren unit. Once it's off, you should have a part number to google. It's probably common to a lot of FCA models. You may find it will cure your immobilizer message too. It's surprising what can have a knock-on effect in modern canbus cars.

A quick look at the EPER and I found this in the 'detection devices' section of the signalling section. It is not airbag or ABS related so might it relate to movement or entry? There is a picture below of what is looks like, but no indication of where in the bonnet it lives, guessing round the perimeter somewhere.

HTH

Edited by ForzaLancia

Hi Reek,

Im not good with car mechanics at all so dont judge me if this sounds stupid, but i got into my delta one day and i had the same 'alarm unavailable' message. Turned out to be a blown fuse! Cant remember which one but it should say in the manual... worth a look maybe?

Welcome to the Delta club!

Hi Reek,

Im not good with car mechanics at all so dont judge me if this sounds stupid, but i got into my delta one day and i had the same 'alarm unavailable' message. Turned out to be a blown fuse! Cant remember which one but it should say in the manual... worth a look maybe?

Welcome to the Delta club!

Most electrical problems are due to dirty connections or blown fuses