300C 2007 Saloon Central Locking Gremlin

vitasik

Question

Hi Guys

As I posted in newbies section few days ago and had no thoughts decided to make a separate post. 

My main issue is central locking misbehaving and I couldn't find my particular problem on google full stop. 

Unlocking from remote always spot on, locking it is another matter. No, its not the remote 100%!!!!!  When you lock it from remote- it will enable the alarm, but will not lock the doors. Wont flash hazards as normal. After around 20 seconds if you press lock again - it does lock all doors and flashes hazards. So It cant be the lock playing up as well on one of the doors. What I did notice is that it stopped locking itself when at speed, even though its enabled in the menu.

Any Ideas or somebody who has been there?

Regards

1 answer to this question

I'm trying to remember... in the menu is there a screen where you can specify double press or single press to lock the doors? I'm sure I've seen this option somewhere.

Sorry if you already know this but when you get out of the car, press the lock button on the driver's arm rest then shut the door. This locks all doors and activates the alarm.