Air Recirculation Button

Handyman

Question

Help please,

For some reason the little light on the Air Recirculation button flashes a few times then goes out whenever I try to use it.

Obviously this is handy when following a stinking vehicle in traffic.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what is causing this please?

Thanks in advance

Further to this I have now found out that this happens when the air direction knob is set to screen and/or screen/floor ----DOH!

Edited by Handyman

3 answers to this question

Mate, I love my car, but I've found the electrical system on these motors to be an absolute nightmare. Things have a mind of their own on this car. Weird error messages... lights coming on... lights going off... speedo needle waving about wildly... radio stops working... doors suddenly lock with the key in the ignition... I used to think the car was possessed until I joined this forum and saw it wasn't just me.

As for your recirc button, when the light goes off is the air still on recirc? If so it's probably just the bulb giving up. Otherwise there's a fault inside the heater control unit. Maybe buy a cheap unit on ebay (there are a few on there) and see if that fixes it.

I've taken mine apart to replace a couple of blown bulbs. Apart from that there's nothing else in there you can fix... it's just one big printed circuit board with a load of chips on it.