Should I Buy A 10 Year Old 300C?

Grizzlymanjay

Hi all,

I'm very seriously considering upgrading my current car (Rover 75) with a 300c that is for sale near me.

It's a CRD model from 2008, full service history, previous owner was an elderly man.

The TPMS light is on, but some black tape has been put over the light on the dash to get it through the MOT I assume.

Other than that, it all seems very clean, but I've yet to go to see it in the flesh.

I'm just looking for advice/opinions.  I don't want to be hit with some horrific bills, although I realise that is always a potential danger!

The car is up for just under £3000, any advice would be greatly appreciated!  I'm getting rid of my Rover as it's starting to become a real money pit!

Many thanks,

Jamie

Definitely buy it mate.

Get rid of that granddad Rover 75 that's costing you money. When was the last time a ten year old kid turned his head at that old thing? Go on, treat yourself to the 300c, you'll be the boss cruising in that and you'll have to get used to the attention it gets.

Now, I'm not gonna tell you it's super reliable. But you're throwing cash at that old 75. Get rid and spend the cash on the 300c. You say it's up for less than three grand? That's no money mate.

But don't buy the first car you see. There are plenty around, a quick internet search will bring up loads. In my opinion, a 300c has to have 20 inch alloys at least, 22s would be better. 18s look too small on such a big car.

Treat yourself Jamie, you owe it to yourself.

Dooo it, dooo it, dooo it

BrownSugar, this has to be the greatest reply to a post ever written by a person! Almost sold it to me on the strength of that reply alone!

Weirdly enough my date has an old mate in Stevenage who had a 300c!

I’m going to see it tomorrow, it’s a tourer in black with grey leather heated power seats but no Satnav just regular cd/radio. Hopefully she’s sweet!

Thanks again mate!

J

Good lad.

What a coincidence, Stevenage is my home town.

A black tourer is cool. You'll have to get those windows limo tinted though.

Like I said, there are plenty about, so if you're not sure, walk away and go look at the next one. Having said that, the 300c is an eyeful, when you walk up to it your heart says buy it and your head says hang on a minute.

The driver's seats often wear on the outside edge. They suffer from front suspension noises. The diesel engine is a Mercedes unit and if taken care of should be good for at least 200,000 miles. However, the damn thing takes nine litres of synthetic oil, so an oil change will cost you 100 quid even if you do it yourself.

But never mind all that, you've now got a hankering for a 300. The only cure is to get one. If you don't you'll regret it.

Welcome to the club mate.

• 1 month later...