Radio Code Card

ForzaLancia

Question

Hi gents

It looks like I may not have the radio code for my bella, is it in the form of a credit card sized card as with the Alfas or is it buried somewhere in the many many pages of the handbook? No sign of the previous owners handwritten scribble either. And is there a solution if no code can be found? (he says, hopefully, half knowing the likely answer!)

8 answers to this question

It is in the form of a card, indeed, with a code printed on it. I have never had the need to use it in mine, but I have the experience of my Alfa GT where the battery died several times and the radio started normally after charging the battery, without asking for the code. Do you have the simple radio or the sat nav/radio combination? 

I have disconnected the battery at least 10 times and also replaced the battery twice (with newer stop/start batteries from imminent trade ins) in the 4years of Delta ownership and have never had a need for the code card (which is in the document folder) I think that there's a capacitor in the units that allows for up to 12 hours of disconnection

There was/is a thread on the Alfaowner forum where you post your headunits serial number and the guy replies with your code! He's not on every day, but he's done a couple for me over the years, so worth a try.

EDIT:

Yep still alive and kicking:

https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-147-156-andamp-gt/140598-need-a-radio-code-ask-here-490.html

Edited by MikeyRules