Flickering Instrument Cluster

SpraygunJas

Question

Hi all, I've recently purchased a 2012 Delta 1.6 SR, Pleasantly surprised with it especially the interior dynamics however it's got a few niggles... The most troubling being the centre display in the instrument cluster flickering, checked the battery and alternator they're fine, yesterday the illumination at the top of the speedo started flickering aswell. I've noticed the n/s rear light has has the lense drilled and glued in the past, all appears to work now though. Has anyone else had the dash issues? I'm putting 2 on 2 together and presuming it's probably related to the rear light. Thanks in advance for any info.

5 answers to this question

Hi and welcome - good to see another new owner. Not aware of any dash issues like these - sounds like it might be the dash illumination which are possibly bulbs behind the dash pod? New one to me. The rear light will probably be due to an issue with one of the LED's - once one goes they tend set off the others. As far as I am aware you cannot replace them individually so would be interested to see how they fixed? It was probably done as new the clusters are circa £250 to replace although you can get them from Italy if you know where to look (we can help on here!) for half that...........It might be worth checking on any Fiat Bravo forum re: the dash issue as they are effectively the same car so similar build/asssembly processess unless anyone else on here knows..........

Edited by Nello

Thanks for the reply Nello, I'm expecting the quirks to be harder to solve due to the low production volume and the language barrier preventing Google picking up the faults on the Italian forums. It's been well behaved today on my 20 mile round trip to work, hopefully nothing drastically wrong.

Hi all, I've recently purchased a 2012 Delta 1.6 SR, Pleasantly surprised with it especially the interior dynamics however it's got a few niggles... The most troubling being the centre display in the instrument cluster flickering, checked the battery and alternator they're fine, yesterday the illumination at the top of the speedo started flickering aswell. I've noticed the n/s rear light has has the lense drilled and glued in the past, all appears to work now though. Has anyone else had the dash issues? I'm putting 2 on 2 together and presuming it's probably related to the rear light. Thanks in advance for any info.

This could even be a dirty fuse in the fusebox, that happened with my wife's Delta, the left-hand front DRL stopped working, so I got a new one and fitted it,to discover that the fuse powering it had some corrosion on the blade . . After removing the bumper to fit the new light