Anti Roll Bar Bushes.

gordy

Question

Am I getting old or summit. Yes ok. Got these two bushes from jeep chrysler, blue colour, and, and, how do I hold them open to get them over the anti-roll bar. No finger prising appart here this job. Tried a couple of blunt table knives and prised apart but, tight, spring back so quickly. I take it there's a tool for this, like reverse action pliers with ends to hold bushes open..

4 answers to this question

Made a tool, wellsort of tool with house repair plates, get them at Wicks, Screwfix, etc. Galvanised plates with many holes, some shaped ones used to hold floor batons onto wall boards. Made 2 up with 10mm bolt, nuts, like big pliers. Will take picy sometime. The things one gets up too nowadays.

Job done, yes, well sort off. I had changed the bushes prior to MOT not long ago as they were knocking. But one had popped out of its clamp and causing massive knock. So gave up fitting these stiff blue ones today and just refitted the one that popped out. So hopefull it will stay in its bed this time but I have my doubts..